But First Let Me Take a Selfie

"So Demi's due this month?" Farrah asked but I was too caught up daydreaming out the window.

I watched as two little drops of rain that had hit the window race down. The weather had been shit the last few days and everything was so gloomy which made my mood swings worse. Right now I wasn't on a high or a low. Would I call that 'normal"? If it is then being normal isn't very fun.

"Elena?" Farrah waved her hand in front Of my face.

"Oh sorry what did you say?" I asked shaking myself back into this dump they call reality.

"Demi!" she laughed "the baby's are due this month?" she looked at me confused.

"Oh yeah" I laughed "they are! at the end of the month" I quietly said as our Spanish teacher began the class.

"Are you excited to become an aunt again?"

"Well it's kinda like being a first time aunt" I replied "I've never gotten to really bond with my other nieces and nephew. I've only ever gotten to meet Bri and that was for two minutes and I can barely remember it cause id been drinking. I want this time to be different, I'm gonna bond with them" I smiled.

"That's good" she smile back "you'll be doing night feeds" she laughed

"Yeah" I giggled "I don't mind though, I know Demi and Wilmer are gonna be exhausted"

My phone began to buzz interrupting our conversation. Camila's face popped up on the screen and the word 'Wifey ❤️' was beside it.

"Sorry" I said to Farrah and answered it

"Hey baby" I quietly whispered so my teacher wouldn't hear. I gave him an old phone at the start of class, so he'd think it was the one I use.

I listened as Camila begin to talk to me but I couldn't hear over my teacher.
___
DEMIS POV

I had gotten up pretty early this morning because I had a performance. Maybe it wasn't the best idea seeing as I'm 38 weeks pregnant.

Wilmer came with me to watch me perform and as I had final touch up she made his way to the left wing of the stage.

I stood beside Wilmer as the presenter spoke. "Please welcome out on stage our special guest Demi Lovato" I walked out at a slow pace seeing as my baby's were weighing me down. a lot of 'awws' filled the room. This was my first performance in nearly 9 months, since I could pregnant.

I know I shouldn't be working but this event is for charity and it's only one performance. I carefully climbed onto the stool that they had set up for me and began to sing. I chose to sing 'My Love Is Like a Star'

The song started off great. it felt great to be back up there and see everyone's faces light up. It felt like home.

As I sang the song I felt the slightest ache in my stomach. I told Wilmer last night, that Mexican wasn't a good idea but he didn't listen and now that I think if it I really need to go toilet.

Anyway back to concentrating on the song
"You say the time away makes your heart grow numb
But I can't stay just to prove you wrong
Oh, look at how far we've come
Don't you know, don't you know that you're the one
Oh, you're not alone
You're not alone, oh
Know that you're not alone
You're not

My love's like a star, yeah
You can't always see me
But you know that I'm alwa-" I stopped singing and the music cut off. I reached I my tummy. I felt a slight pop in my stomach and I suddenly began to feel a liquid go down my leg.

"Oh shit" I said into the mic and stood up that's when it started to gush. I knew exactly what was happening, I had read about it.

Wilmer who was standing at the side of the stage ran out.