It's Not Fair.

Marissa was staying at mine tonight because mom was too sick and wasnt able to come visit Elena tomorrow and Marissa had offered to drive me there.

We were both peacefully sleeping when we were woken up by my phone ringing.

"Uuuugh" Marissa moaned as I fell out of the bed in search of my phone.

I felt around in the dark trying to find it.

"Really Demi? Out of all the songs in the world you pick fucking Pharrell 'Happy' as your ringtone? Cause right now I'm so angry I could hunt down Pharrell and kill him." Marissa said.

"Ok cranky pants, whatever" I said as I finally reached my phone.

I looked at the screen 3:30. uuugh.

"Hello?" I yawned down the phone.

"Demi?" A panicked voice asked down the phone.

"This is she!" I turned on the light in my room. "who's speaking?" I asked trying to sound more awake.

"It's Doctor Connors, listen Demi Elena relapsed and she's in the hospital." She sounded like she had been running for miles

"W-What? What do you mean relapsed?" my voice shook down the phone. Marissa instantly took her head off the pillow and sat up staring at me.

"Elena came to the nurses crying for help, she self harmed and wasn't able to stop the bleeding. Demi she tried to kill herself but panicked" Dr.Connors said down the phone.

My face went pale and I began to feel sick.

"Demi are you ok?" Marissa rushed over to me pulling me down onto the bed.

"Where is she now? How is she?" I quietly said.

"The doctors have just finished stitching her up. They're going to sedate her and get her to sleep, we need you to come down right away" She said.

"Which hospital?" I asked tears forming in my eyes. Marissa looked to me with worry written all over her face.

"st.Michaels" She responded.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes" I hung up the phone and ran to my closet for clothes. I reached for the first thing I could see.

"Demi what's going on?" Marissa stood up off the bed rushing over to my side.

"It's Elena" I quickly said pulling on sweat pants and a tshirt.

"Is she ok" She asked throwing on her own clothes.

"She tried to kill herself" I cried running to the other side of the room looking for my shoes.

"Oh my gosh" Marissa whispered.

"where are my fucking shoes" I screamed tears running down my face.

"Hey calm down Demi,It's gonna be ok" marissa said trying to sooth me.

"How can I calm down" I screamed throwing all the shit that was on my floor to the other side of my room.

Marissa ran over to me and hugged me tight holding my head into her chest. I faught with her at first but then I gave up and collapsed into her.

"Demi I know it's hard but you need to be strong right now" She looked me in the eyes. "Elena needs you" She whispered.

She's right I have to stay strong for her."I'm sorry" I whispered collapsing onto the bed.

"It's ok" she said putting my shoes on my feet and then putting her own shoes on.

"Come on" She said grabbing the car keys from my dresser.

________

We arrived at the hospital and I ran straight from the parking lot to the front desk.

"Elena Lovato, she came in about a half hour ago" I blurted to the secretary.

"Demi" I heard Dr.Connors call.

I turned around to see Dr. Connors.

"Come with me" she said then she looked to Marissa.

"Im sorry only family members" Dr.Connors apologised.

"She is family, practically" I said.

"It's ok I'll go to moms and explain what happened" Marissa said hugging me.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, now go on" She hugged me.

"Thanks, I love you" I said.

"Love you too" she squeezed me and headed for door.

________

I was brought to a room where they filled me in on everything then I was allowed go see her.

"We had to sedate her so she's sleeping right now" The doctor said as she showed me to her room.

I hesitated before I opened the door. Then I walked in to see her laying there her fragile little body frozen still in the bed.

Her arms were bandaged and she was tied to the bed.

"We had to tie her incase she woke up and tried to hurt herself" The doctor explained.

I nodded in understanding.

"Stay as long as you want" He said leaving the room "If you need anything just call me"

I walked up the bed and held her hand "I'm so sorry" I cried "I should have been there to protect you" I kissed her forehead and then took a seat beside the bed, never letting go of her hand.

Marissa had text me saying to call when Elena wakes up so she could drop my mom over.

I sat there till about 6 that morning just waiting for her to wake. The clock ticked on and on and I was just drifting off to sleep when I heard a soft whisper.

I looked up to see Elena staring at me.

"Demi?" She whispered again.

"Leny" I cried and she began crying too.

"I'm so sorry" She cried "I'm so sorry"

"Shhhh" I cooed kissing her forehead "I've got you"

"It should have been me" she whispered in a shaky voice. "It's not fair" She cried "They didn't deserve to die." what is she talking about.

I pulled away and looked at her "baby girl what are you talking about" I wiped my face.

"My family, they didnt deserve to die. It should have been me" She angrily said.

"Don't you ever say that" I hugged her tight.

"I have to go get the doctor, I'll be back in a second" I kissed her forehead and stood up.

"No" she cried "Demi don't leave me" she trembled.

"Hey, it's ok. I'll be back in a second I promise. Ok" I kissed her forehead one last time and looked at her.

"ok" she whispered.

Ok so this is short. sorry.Comment and let me know what you think pleeease :) 10 comments / 20 votes for the next chapter!!!!!!

And Thank you all for doing that for me :) Your comments motivate me to keep writing xx Stay Strong xx