I've Been Looking For So Long

"W-what?" was all she could say.

"Mom I know about Elena and I have for a long time" I was going through boxes in the attic when I was leaving and I found all of her stuff.

"But how I've been looking for so long" Elena was sitting beside me, I could see tears in her eyes when she heard mom had been looking for her.

"It's complicated. Look come over to my place tomorrow and I'll explaine everything ok but I have to get going paparazzi are everywhere" I explained.

"Oh ok sweetie, I love you and please tell Elena I'm sorry"

"I love you too mom and I will. Bye" I hung up my phone and looked to Elena who was silently crying beside me.

"Come here" I pulled her in hugging her tightly.

-

We arrived home and went straight to bed. I let Elena sleep with me tonight. I hate leaving her when she's upset.

I woke up the next morning to hear the shower on and Elena singing. Her voice is so beautiful.

I got up and went downstairs.

My phone was in the kitchen and it was flashing meaning I had a message.

It was a message from mom Ill be over around 2 I just have to drop madison off at practise. Love you.

Shit I only have a half hour to get ready.

"Morning" Elena chirped as she came down the stairs dressed.

"Hey, I have to go shower mom will be here in 30 minutes. Can you get yourself breakfast?" I asked as I walked towards the kitchen door.

"Yeah sure, go" she smiled.

-

I got back downstairs with only 5 minutes until my mom got here.

"Elena are you ok?" I never even asked Elena how she felt about meeting her mother for the fist time.

"I'm ok" she half smiled.

"You sure?" I needed to know.

"Yeah I'm sure" She giggled.

"Ok when she gets here she's probably gonna cry and hug you but thats normal for her so just go with it. I know its probably going to be uncomfortable but we need her to stay calm about the whole situation" I said sitting down and just as I did the doorbell rang.

"Ok you wait here I'll go get her" I stood up from the counter and went to get the door.

-

"Demi" my mom said pulling me in to a hug.

"Hey mom" I hugged her back.

"Is she here? Can I meet her?" She asked.

"Yeah, in the kitchen" I smiled leading her towards the kitchen.

Elena sat at the counter with her back faced towarss us.

"Elena" I said making her jump. She must not have heard us come in.

Dianna's POV.

I walked in to see her sitting at the counter. Demi called her and she jumped turning around to face us. I could feel the tears form in my eyes.

"Elena" I whispered tears now running down my face.

She let out a quiet "Hi" and smiled sweetly, She then stood up.

"Can I have a hug" I asked her through the tears. Demi stood there quietly observing Elena.

Elena nodded her head with tears now in her eyes. She came over to me and I took her in my arms. Its been almost 16 years since I held this girl, it seems like a life time.

End of POV.

Elena's POV.

She hugged me so tight I felt like I was about to stop breathing but I couldn't say anything, I couldn't ruin this moment.

I looked over to Demi who was smiling and crying at the same time. I then closed my eyes and took in this moment. It's weird because hugging Dianna makes me feel safe. I feel at home.

Dianna pulled away. "Let me have a look at you" She smiled wiping the tears away from her eyes.

I stood there with a big smile on my face "So beautiful, you look like Demi so much" She smiled sniffling from the crying.

"No one is as pretty as Demi" I said.It was the first time I spoke and I could see Dianna's eyes light up when I did "But you sound like Dallas" She laughed.

"Ok guys come on lets sit down" Demi interrupted giggling.

-

"So where did you find Elena?" my mom asked.

"Well I hired a private investigater about a year and a half ago. He found Elena about 3 months ago in a foster home in DC." I explained.

"Care home?" mom looked at me very confused and rhen to Elena.

I was just about to speak when Elena began to talk.

"My adopted family died when I was young" She explained to mom. "I was living in Texas but I was sent to a care home in DC.

Moms face dropped when she heard the news.

"All this time you were in a care home?" mom asked with sadness in her voice.

Elena just nodded.

"Mom I need to tell you something but please dont freak out just listen"

mom nodded and I continued.

"Ok Elena and I have grown really close and already have been through alot together and a week ago I filed for adoption and it came through" mom cut me off.

"You've adopted her?" she asked.

"Um yeah" I said awkwardly I don't know how she's going to react.

"and she's going to live here with you?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"Yes" I replied. Is she angry?

Elena just looked at both of us not really sure of what was going to happen and niether was I.

I could see that mom was thinking for a minute but then a smile appeared on her face "Well thats just amazing, You'll be so close" She smiled looking at Elena.

"So you're not pissed off that I've adopted her without asking?" Wow she is taking this lightly.

"Of course not" She smiled "As long as Elena is happy that's all that matters" she smiled pulling both Elena and I into a hug.

"I love you both so much" She whispered.