I haven't been completly honest with you

On the way home from the studio all that was on my mind was telling Elena the truth. She deserves to know why she is here. I waited until we got home. Elena was in the shower so I taught this would be my chance. I set up everything I needed on the kitchen table. There was a box and paper. I heard Elena come down the stairs so I sat down and prepared myself.

"Hey what's all this" a happy Elena chirped as she sat down beside me.

"I need to tell you something" this is it. It's time to drop the bomb. She's either gonna hate me or accept me but she needs to know.

"T-tell me what?" I could tell she was worried.

I took her hand. "So um I-I haven't been completley honest with you" My head dropped and I was looking at my feet. I'm such a coward.

"Hey what is it?" She was scared but she saw how upset I was and tried to stay strong.

"I don't know how to tell you this so here" I handed her a birth cert. and another piece of paper.

Elena's POV

Demi is scaring me.I glanced down at the piece of paper. It was my birth certificate.

"Why are you giving me this?" I asked confused.

"Just read through it. All of it" I did as she told me. I did but it was different then I had previously seen. Everything was different.

"My Name isn't Lovato it's Sanchez and I was born in New mexico not Texas and my parents are certainly not Diana and Patrick? What the fuck is this?" this was the first time I had gotten agrresive of used bad language when with Demi.

"Hey calm down. Elena sweetie this is gonna be hard but I need you to listen. This is why I brought you here, Just hear me out. My mother and fathers names are Diana and Patrick. What I'm try-

"I know exactly what you are trying to say and I don't believe one word of it You are not my family. They are not my family" I threw the certificate at her to reveal another piece of paper.

My eyes got caught on 3words 'Certificate of Adoption'.

the page read

this is a certificate of adoption to state that Elena Lovato daughter of Diana Lovato and Patrick Lovato is now in the care of  Maria Santiago and Thomas Santiago.

"This can't be real" I began to cry.

"This isn't real why are you doing this" I hadn't realised but i had began to pull at my sleves. The temptation was back and I needed it more than ever.

Demi reached into the box on the table and pulled out a picture. There were five people in it.

She passed it to me.

"Do you recognise any of these people?" She asked.

I nodded my head and sniffed back the tears "That's my dad Michael my mom Maria and me when I was a baby" I said pointing to the 3 of us.

"and the other  two are my mom and dad or should I say our mom and dad. Elena it's all there" She was right and she was telling the truth and I acted like a bitch. I neede to be alone to let this i'll sink in.

"How about you sleep with me tonight. I don't like leaving you on your own" She said lighlty. I couldn't say no after the way i had acted.

"Yeah sure" I said wiping the tears from my eyes.

We then went to bed.