New Rule

"I'll see you later" I kissed Camila before I headed out to the car.

"Have fun at school" she called after me.

"I won't" I laughed.

_______

"Hey" I smiled to Farrah as I got my books from my locker.

"Hey, how was your week off?" she asked.

"Good" I smiled

"Well only 5th harmony and Cher fricking Lloyd were at your house, it had to be more than good" she said.

"Fine, it was amazing" I over exaggerated "the best week of my life"

"I saw your performance at the mall" she said as we walked to our first class.

"Oh my gosh" I cringed "I completely forgot about that"

"You're amazing" she said.

"Thanks but I don't think so" I laughed.

"Well you are!" she said stopping as we got to our class. We were the first ones there because we were early.

"Elena Lovato you are in big trouble" my music teacher mr. Dawson said as he entered the class.

"W-what did I do" I asked confused.

"For the last 4 weeks I've been trying to get you to sing but you always say no and then you're out for a week, I go on twitter and there's videos up of you performing with fifth harmony,Cher Llyod and Demi Lovato" he said annoyed.

"Yeah, I had a thing and I didn't know that was gonna happen! you can literally see security guards lift me onto the stage and my sister pushing me up to the mic! I didn't want to trust me" I laughed.

"Exactly, you didn't want to but you did! listen you missed your music test while you were out last week. You sing for me and I'll pass you" he simply said.

"No, I don't like singing" I said "why do you want me to sing so much?"

"Please" he begged "Elena you have so much potential and I don't want to see you waste it. Isn't your sister friends with Simon Cowell?" he asked

"Yeah why?" I looked at him weird.

"He's probably signing you up to his record label right now" Mr Dawson said.

"I highly doubt that" I replied and the bell rang and everyone began to arrive for class.

I thought about what Mr Dawson said but I just don't want to sing. Until he walked in and I quickly changed my mind. If this song doesn't give Dylan the message that I don't want to talk or be with him, then he is really, really stupid.

"Fine" I said to Mr Dawson. "I'll do it"

"You'll do it? Hurray" he shouted

"Ok class listen up! as you know for the last 4 weeks I've been trying to get Elena to sing for us and today she has finally agreed to it"

"Yeah I saw you perform at the mall, you're seriously so good" My friend Josh said and I smiled at him.

"Ok what will you be singing for us?" Mr Dawson asked.

I stood up "I'll be singing one of my sisters and my friend Chers song 'Really Don't Care'" I said.

He typed it into YouTube and got up the backing track.

The music started and I began the song at the top of the class.

You wanna play, you wanna stay, you wanna have it all
You started messing with my head until I hit a wall
Maybe I should've known, maybe I should've known
That you would walk, you would walk out the door, hey!