Monster (MarLiza)

Trigger Warning: Death

Eliza sat with Maria, staring at her hands with tears in her eyes as Maria tried to comfort her but it was of no use, she was nothing but a murderer, a monster, a horrible beast. She looked across the clearing of the child and a strangled sob left her body, "What have I done?" She whispered, the small boy's blood trailing down the corner of her mouth.

"There is still a way," Maria said quietly, they both knew how the child could be saved but Eliza didn't know if she could do it, "Elizabeth we both know it's the only way." Maria's voice of reason said and so Eliza stood up and shakily made her way to the body.

She knelt beside the cold, dead, lifeless child, he was about eight or nine years old. She slung an arm around his shoulders, "It's going to be okay, little one." She said as reassuringly as she could, "I'm going to be your mother now." Shaking, she sunk her teeth into the boy's neck again, though this time she had control over her actions and wasn't tearing savagely at his flesh, "And Maria will be your other mommy." She mumbled as she sucked the rest of the boy's blood out as well as his memories.

In the next few minutes she saw every memory the child had retained throughout his entire, short, life, she wondered who this man was that kept popping up. She assumed he was the child's father, he looked like he didn't sleep much, but she forced herself to bury the memories. Soon, the child was a bloodless and vacant vessel and she motioned Maria over.

Silently the two took blades out of their corsets, they both kept them for safety reasons as women and vampires, two things that could get them killed in cold blood. They slid the bland over the back of their hands and each dropped some of their blood into the freckled child's mouth.

"What's his name?" Maria asked as they waited for their blood to take effect.

Eliza closed her eyes and hummed in thought as she shifted through the kid's memories to find his name. She found it faster than she expected, his most recent memory before Eliza was of him throwing a shoe at his father and yelling at him, and his father shouted his name, "Philip." Eliza answered and opened her eyes, running her hands through the child's hair.

"He looks like an Anthony," Maria said quietly. She looked like she was about to add something but Philip's body jerked and they both turned their attention to him, undivided attention.

Philip opened his eyes and before he could say anything Eliza smiled and quickly said, "Good morning Philip." Even though it was around midnight, she'd already filled his head with fake memories of her and Maria being his mothers so there was no need to worry.

Philip sat up and rubbed his head, "My head hurts." He told her and she stood up, pulling him to his feet with her, "I'm hungry." He opened his mouth and pokes his new fangs, "My teeth hurt." So he was a talkative boy.

Maria chuckled softly and nodded, "Let's go then." She took Eliza's hand as well as Philip's and they began their walk through the woods as Eliza forced herself not to look at Phil's neck where her teeth had been but an hour earlier.

Everything seemed like it would be peaceful at last but as they reached the town line a man stepped out from the bushes with a gun and revenge in his eyes, it took nothing more than a glance for Eliza to recognize him, Philip's father.

"Philip Hamilton!" He yelled, "What have these savage beasts done to you?!" His eyes were fixed on his son's neck which still had dry blood clinging to it, his eyes moved to each woman's hand and then their mouth, Eliza's had blood on her lips still.

"I am a woman, not a beast," Maria said and took a step in front of Eliza and Philip, "You would do well to-" She didn't finish as the man fired a shot into her chest making her fall to her knees as Eliza and Philip screamed. Eliza ran to her side and sat by her, taking her hand as Philip started shaking in fear, "Just run." Maria said.

"N-No!" Eliza let tears leave her eyes as she held Maria tightly, "I can't do anything without-out you!" She held onto Maria until she felt a bullet enter her own body and she collapsed over Maria.

"Mommy!" Philip looked at Maria and Eliza and then finally at this man, "You're a monster!" He yelled and tried to run but he didn't get far.