Eliza's Princess (MarLiza)

Requested by Woofmeowca

Trigger Warning: Mentions of Abuse

Maria sat up with a start, a hand flying to her right eye as she cried from the nightmare, it was so real...well...it was real but she hadn't expected to live through that experience again ever in her life. She felt the bed sheets move as Eliza shifted in her sleep and she sniffed.

Maria shook Eliza awake as tears left her eye, "Eliza-Liza please wake up." She cried and it was almost as if just her tears made Eliza's eyes snap open.

"Whoa-Maria?" She sat up and brought Maria to her chest in an instant, "Hey-Hey it's okay. Cry it out, talk later, emotions first." She said quietly as Maria listened to what she was saying and just sobbed until she felt better, the tears slowly coming to a stop as she let her emotions fly out with her tears.

When she was only hiccuping with the occasional tear Eliza put a hand on the side of her face and wiped the tears there, "What happened? What's wrong? I'm here for you, I love you." She said quietly.

"It-It was a dr-dream," Maria said shakily with her erratic breathing, "James-James when he-" She put a hand over her eye again her...missing eye, "When he took it-" She burst into tears again and Eliza just held her.

"God..." She knew Eliza was crying as well but she knew how to hide it pretty well, holding Maria even tighter, "I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry. I won't ever let anything hurt you again, I promise, I'm so sorry." She rocked them until they both fell back onto their sides, just looking at the other as tears fell from their eyes into their hair.

Maria sniffed again and then yawned, "What...time is it?" She asked and glanced at their alarm clock, 2:16 am, "It's too early for this. I'm going back to sleep I..." She turned back to Eliza, "H-Hold me?" She asked.

Eliza nodded, "Of course." Maria felt arms securely around her and it comforted her enough to fall asleep, cuddled up to Eliza's comforting presence. She found it hard to actually drift off as memories of James's knife in her eye kept appearing in her thoughts but with Eliza there she was able to return to slumber.

When Maria woke up the first thing she noticed was the lack of Eliza and the second was the time on the alarm clock stated 12:57 pm, how had she slept so late?! She got up and slipped out of the bed, walking out of the room as she decided she needed to find Eliza first and worry about anything and everything else later.

When she opened the door she could hear something that sounded like a pen being beat against wood repeatedly so she followed the noise into the backroom. She peeked in before entering, "Eliza?"

Eliza looked up from behind her sewing machine and grinned, "Perfect! I just finished this too!" She got up and held the shirt up making Maria blush and almost cry again. It was a new red tank top, the tag was still on it, but Eliza had sewn the words 'Eliza's Princess' in white across the middle, "Now can my beautiful model try it on?" She asked.

Maria blushed harder and nodded, pulling her Doctor Who shirt off to leave her in only black leggings because she was comfortable in her body. Eliza handed the shirt over and Maria pulled the tag off before slipping it on, it fit perfectly. She looked at Eliza and felt a happy tear leave her eye, "How do you always know exactly what to do?" She asked, she was quite the crybaby and she knew it as she cried over Eliza's kindness.

"I don't," Eliza said with a smile, kissing Maria's cheek, "I just know how to make you happy. Because I love you more than anything and it's my sole purpose to help you in life." She then grabbed Maria's hands and ran to the living room with her as Maria was left confused, "Also while I was at Target I got a lot of face masks! Wanna put some on together?"

Maria really couldn't say no to the look of absolute happiness coming from Eliza so she agreed and sat down, "I'll do yours first." She said and looked at the absolute load Eliza had gotten, "Oh gosh which ones should we start with?" She noticed Eliza got two of all of them so she knew Eliza had gotten one for her and one for Maria each time.

Eliza looked through them and then grabbed a black container, "Let's do the charcoal one first! I see it in like every YouTube video so it should be good, right?" Maria didn't really have an answer to that, "Well there's only one way to find out!"

"I guess," Nervously Maria undid the packaging, "Close your eyes." She said and Eliza did, tying her hair back as well. Maria smiled and carefully applied the black stuff to Eliza's face, it was shiny but it still seemed a bit dodgy. A few minutes later she finished, "All done."

Eliza opened her eyes and got the second one as Maria went and threw away the used one before plopping down by Eliza and tying her own hair back. She closed her eyes as she made Eliza do and forced herself not to flinch each time Eliza touched her to put the mask on. It took maybe five minutes but soon Eliza said a quick, "Done!" And then hurried to throw away the packaging.

Maria nodded and Eliza sat back down with her computer, "Okay so while we have these on I thought we could play Sims 4 because I just got Cats & Dogs and we should make a family together." She said as the loading screen played.

Maria giggled and put her head on Eliza's shoulder, Eliza absolutely loved video games but she had a soft spot to games like Sims and Virtual Villagers because she got attached so easily with her huge empathetic ability. When Eliza began making the first Sim Maria mumbled, "Love is doing the things we love together."

"That's right princess."