Ch 99: Mahcks Decision

--------
"Well, Mahck definitely agrees, but, hmm... Me and my friend Herth were going to fill our stomachs." He spoke in an uncivilized manner.

This made Fiora cutely chuckle and speak. "If that's the case, would you and your friend Herth like to come eat with us? I know a location both of you would love, and the food is a bit more special than what they usually serve"

Mahck's eyes lightened up somewhat. He reminded Avrin of Asura. Of course, another quality was his taste for good food, but he was more thoughtful. "Hm! Friend Herth, if you want to, then Mahck is ok with it too."

Avrin was quiet for only a moment before he gave a soft smile. "Please don't mind me. I would be honored for the chance. Let's go."

Mahck let a silent sigh escape his lips before gazing at Yuvi, who smiled back, and soon the small group was off. A minute passed before they entered the canteen. The students were all surprisingly young, and they were eating and enjoying themselves.

Avrin wondered why he hadn't seen many aged students. He had heard that even some people past fifty would also be enrolled, but he had yet to see any. He had thought of it as a matter of pride as well as shame. Of course, this was one theory. The other was the older students who had been here for decades may be training or not even be in the same section as the younger ones.

"Here we are," Yuvi happily spoke as they entered a well treated section with plants and clear wooden tables that were well maintained, as in a lively city. One could also see that everyone here was a Lotus Alliance member.

"Oh, incredible." Mahck whistled quietly as he and Avrin followed Yuvi to a large table at the very back near a set of windows that exposed the forest in an elegant manner.

"Indeed. Truly magnificent." Avrin spoke, trying to make it seem that he was also surprised. "I'm glad you both enjoy it. Those of the Lotus Clan are all welcome here. Of course, not anyone can join us. We need the strength to protect ourselves and others, so although it is with regret that we have strict requirements, it is for the best."

Yuvi happily spoke. Of course, Avrin thought otherwise. "-Hmph... Your manner of speaking is just a lighter tone than those of the Phoenix Alliance no doubt-" He lingered on this thought for a moment as Yuvi continued to speak.

"My dear Mahck, the Lotus Alliance was formed by an alliance of several families headed by my own Allred family. That being said, the reason why it is formed by an alliance is because the Phoenix Alliance is in fact one family backed by an organisation they have ties with. This organisation has seen value in the land and materials that are scattered around our territories as well as those of smaller families. They think they can bully others and forcefully make them sell their lands by using force and dirty means.

It was because of this that the Lotus Alliance was formed. We want to protect those who are wronged by the Phoenix Alliance. Our main goal is to be rid of them. Only then may we sleep peacefully and move on with our lives."

Mahck listened and seemed to be quite fascinated by Yuvi's way of speaking. "The Phoenix Alliance bullies the weak, they truly are cowards!" Mahck grumbled angrily, which caused Yuvi to give a slight smirk as if she felt herself get closer to reeling him in.

"Lady Yuvi and the Lotus Alliance's goals truly are incredible. But Mahck is my friend, and I can't help but feel maybe you would be using him as a tool for something that he has nothing to do with, and him gaining nothing in return."

Mahck looked at Avrin, a little confused. Yuvi was somewhat taken aback by Avrin's words. In truth, she looked down on him. He had seemed to talk on Mahck's behalf when it had nothing to do with him and was making it difficult for her, but she didn't dare to utter a word as he was still Mahck's friend. Though this was only her, the nearby Lotus Alliance members seated on the other tables sneered and whispered in spite towards Avrin.