Ch 22: To Be What I Should Be.

The prison like ruins were trembling heavily to the extent that the forest above shook with the force of the attacks the sigil users sent against each other. The sylphs above who were detaining the prisoners, who attempted to riot, considered it dangerous to be in the area and were quite worried as they wondered what was going on. Surven who was organizing the sylph's as he was in charge in case Syrana and Myra were not around also knew something was wrong.

"I knew that boy was trouble." He spoke to himself before calling out "Please everyone it is dangerous here! Move all the prisoners away and keep everyone away from here!!" He called out as he gazed at the entrance to the ruins, seeing it shake violently as he began to sweat a little. The elves wasted no time in moving as they would do their best to try and assist for the sake of their people and the forest.

Meanwhile underneath, Neriel who would turn around occasionally to see Abbadon attacking Myras shield, as well as deflecting blocking or avoiding Syrana's arrows seemed to be enjoying himself. Considering the stakes, Myra on the other hand looked quite worried and Syrana was just pissed off. He felt somewhat glad that it wasn't Abbadon who seemed to struggle. To the contrary, it felt like he was still holding back.

He pressed his hand against the circle on the ground as he pressed another hand onto the shield. He still remembered the pain and agony from the last time he tried to channel its energy into him but this time he had a plan. He made an adjustment to the edge of the mana circle Lenaya had created for the sylphs and it seemed out of place. It was a magic circle that emitted a white faint glow.

Neriel began to channel a small portion of the shields mana into his own circle while being careful not to rush it like he did when summoning Abbadon. But it seemed to still hurt him quite a bit as he felt his own mana going crazy as if a foreign body had entered him.

But the white circle began to glow a bright color and the etilith shield itself began to distort violently. As bolts of what appeared to be green lightning hit all over the place. one even shooting out towards Myra who had a gaian shield up and took notice.

"N-not good." She spoke seeing the lone angel tampering with her goddess' gift. Syrana on the other hand gave a more violent response, wasting no time firing a charged lightning arrow towards Neriel. He barely turned in time to see her do so as he gave a worried look.

As the arrow was released Abbadon came and slashed it before it reached the halfway mark as he grinned while looking at the two sylphs. "Whatever you are doing Neriel keep it up." He said with a smile.

"Y-yes my lord." He continued to which Syrana and Myra went on the offensive as Abbadon was now protecting Neriel. He was at a disadvantage this time as he was facing two opponents. The lightning was a somewhat god send (no pun intended) as the bolts that went crazy would occasionally fire towards Syrana and Myra giving him a chance to go on the offensive. But the bolts would also tear at the ruin's walls.

They all knew it most likely would not hold up for long. The magic circle of the etilith shield began to distort slightly as the shield itself bended violently. This time, bolts would fire inside of it hitting itself as it would only add to weakening it.

The true loser was the forest which seemed to be suffering quite largely. The trees would begin to wither and the grass itself changed color. This made the sylphs on the surface panic and Surven who was also panicking struggled to keep order.

Myra felt something was wrong and the forest was weakening due to the strain. The etilith shield was a wonder that would negate attacks from the inside which made her surprised at the time Avrin was able to use his own ability. But when tampered with from the outside it was vulnerable.

Which is why there was a need to heavily protect it. "Stop it!!!" Myra spoke as she was now enraged and began to charge a violent mana sphere that was easily at hero level as her eyes began to flare with a mana aura that emitted from her body. The mana sphere began to build up and seemed like a miniature sun. This made Abbadon and Syrana quiver with a slight fear.

"M-Myra" Syrana said worryingly. Abbadon on the other hand was taking up a stance as Twilight began to glow for the first time a light blue. "I see you decided to get serious. Then I shall take it up a notch." Myra fired the Mana bolt that would be capable of decimating a village with ease. Probably not the best idea in such a space but Abbadon was there to counter it.

He would thrust his mana imbued Twilight in the same way he had done with Syrana but this time was different as he said "Vorpal Thrust". A beam of energy covered in a sharp spiral fired towards the mana bolt as they both collided but it seemed like Abbadon's full sigil was the victor yet again as it caused the mana sphere to implode as it let out a powerful shockwave that managed to luckily deter the trajectory of the thrust that pierced upwards into the ceiling.

As the sharp energy beam pierced into the ceiling, it fired into the tree line piercing through a large ancient tree with ease and continuing further into the sky that managed to even pierce a hole through the clouds. The beam then slowly vanished into the endless sky as if it would reach the heavens itself.

At that moment a few bolts of lightning hit against the petrified vine prison that Myra had put onto Avrin. Every time it tried to heal itself, the unstable mana lightning from the tampered shield would continue to damage it.

Little did they know that this had given Avrin the chance to escape. The petrified rock crumbled a little. Inside the spell that had kept Avrin's mind asleep, had left a spot for him to escape due to outside interference. Avrin gazed at empty space that had several cracks that opened wider and wider. "This is my chance." Wasting no time he rushed through it into the white light that seemed to be his escape.

In that moment two things were recognized. Avrin was now awake and back into his own consciousness and he was greeted by a fierce battle that was raging on. He was in the middle of it. "Not good." He quickly began to analyze things. He came to realize something as he had time to think. It seemed he tried to change his personality in this new world and became dumber and less driven. As if he had no cares.

When the truth is his past self was required for survival. His instincts from his past world kicked in as he looked around "Sylphs fighting ... against a winged being?" Avrin quickly spoke as he looked around some more.

"The shield is twisting ... and shooting lightning everywhere?" He continued and saw another winged being that seemed to be the cause of the twisting. "Another one. Their purpose is unknown?" Avrin grinned to himself as the petrified rock revealed only his glowing eyes. Neriel looked past the shield to see a deep blue emitting from a crack in the rocky vines which sent a shiver down his spine as if gazing at a devil. "What i-i-is that?"

Avrin smiled as he let a quiet breathe out. "It's time I stopped playing around and start thinking of tactics. Obviously them engaging in combat allows me to freely escape, but how." He looked around and placed his hand onto the ground in the tight narrow space.

"Perfect, but I don't have long judging by the current state of that shield nor do I want to be caught up in it imploding" He spoke quietly to himself as he figured that is what would happen if it had been tampered with for too long.

Avrin when entering this world had been too careless and too driven by his own needs, forgetting his past training and mindset. But what dawned on him was that there were beings who were more powerful than him and could do away with him whenever they needed. He also remembered his past when he was betrayed by his crew.

As he focused his dark matter onto the ground he spoke to himself as it reassured him. "To survive in this world I need to be cautious and analytical. If a tactician thinks two steps ahead I need to think 4 steps ahead. i will never allow myself to be in such a state unless it is within my plans. I will take the weak man I was and I will build on to become the man i need to be."