Ch 95: Teaching Respect

Avrin was already out of bed at 7:00 am, wearing only a casual black undershirt that stuck to his skin. He began to wonder about something while his Nebula Mist recreated his usual outfit. "-I was right to decide to lay low for a little while.
I'll scope things out a bit before I make an appearance. The last thing I need is two powers hounding me to join them-" Avrin thought irritatedly in his mind before he finished and headed off.

The inn was already brimming with students eating breakfast, and there were no seats available. Some had to even stand and eat, while others chose to go out to get breakfast. Avrin decided to leave.

The town, once again, was filled with people. But this time, there were carriages lining up the paths. These carriages were different, and had an emblem on it. A white shield with a simple sword upon it.

A man wearing a grey robe was standing on a small podium besides the dozen upon dozens of carriages. "All people attending Laymist, please prepare to depart within thirty minutes. Show your application to the guards standing outside the carriage of your choice to board. Afterwards, we will depart for Laymist to begin testing."

Avrin looked to see students flocking about, but what caught his sight were a few carriages stuck out from the rest. They were much more superior and adorned greatly, as if craving attention. The people who entered these carriages wore outfits with blue edgings, similar to Yuvi.

Of course, even these carriages had their golden eggs. Two were decorated incredibly, as if people of importance were to be entering them.

As it just so happened, Avrin spotted Fiora an Tygas enter each of these carriages with some of their subordinates behind them, Yuvi and Yesen included, meaning he was left with the plebeian looking carriages. He could only laugh to himself. He wondered to himself how he would be treated if he showed a bit of talent.

"It can't be helped." He muttered to himself before heading over to a carriage that seemed a little far from the crowd. After showing the application that he duplicated earlier, he entered the carriage.

The interior itself was quite spacious, like a mini van. Of course, he presumed it was to fit in as many students as possible.

He quietly sat near the window and rested his right cheek on his right hand as he began to ponder some things. But within moments of him arriving, the carriage door opened again and large individual in his twenties entered. He wore a tribal looking outfit that reminded Avrin of the village in the Twisting Lands. The man had a serious expression and emitted a cold yet fierce presence.

(A.N yes the character is intended to speak like that. ))

He looked at Avrin and his face curled into a menacing smile. He extended his hand out and spoke. "I'm Mahck, nice meet you, friend." He seemed to speak with a broken accent, as if he had just recently learned the language. Avrin could tell he was definitely not from the central continent. His skin was darkened and somewhat red. It reminded Avrin of the native north americans.

But Avrin was not hostile, and he smiled and extended his hand out. "It's nice to meet you too. I'm Herth, friend" Avrin could still feel the cold and fierce aura emitted by this individual, but as he shook his hand, he could feel he was holding his strength back. As if struggling to do so.

"Friend Herth, Mahck excited, go to Laymist, get stronger, get famous, make family proud, give family good life" Mahck spoke these words with a look of hope in his eyes as his muscles bulged from psyching himself up.

"-To help his family.. A worthy cause to get stronger and become something-" Avrin continued to speak to Mahck. "You must have trained hard. Where are you from, Mahck?"