Ch 66: Ruler In Shadows

"-This is too weird... It's faint, and compared to me, I can tell they're quite weak. But Dark Matter... No, maybe this is different-" With one of the individuals eyeing Avrin, his food had arrived and he began to eat while keeping his guard up.

By now, the robed man who had noticed Avrin most likely felt a connection considering that now the other 2 were cautiously eyeing Avrin. A half hour of quiet between the 4 of them exchanged before Avrin left a couple of gold coins, more than enough to pay for the meal.

With his stamina and energy recovered by breaking down the large meal that had even surprised some of the individuals there, Avrin, when needed, could eat as much as Asura, if not devour forever considering his stomach acids most likely held Dark Matter to empower it.

Eating, for him, was a little annoying, considering he had to raise the white mask up to reveal his lips. But it didn't proceed to become any more frustrating than it should be. He began to make his way out, but as he suspected, the 3 individuals didn't seem to want to let Avrin escape after spotting him.

"-These punks...-" Heading out of the tavern, he expected a fight would be the end result, so decided to make his way to a nearby alley, and as expected, the 3 individuals followed him. Continuing on, they entered a somewhat open area that had walls surrounding the exits.
This open area had quite a few obstacles, most likely a little place for the children of this city to play.

Avrin spoke out as he turned to face them; his appearance shadowed other than the faint light from the eye holes of the mask. "Tell me. You three, why is it you have the same energy I do?" He responded calmly and didn't demand.

The individual in the middle unsheathed a sword before his Dark Matter pulsed a little before the iron sword was covered in a very faint glow of dark energy. One of the others beside him laughed and responded. "You managed to manifest the holy energy into the blade, magnificent!! I do hope soon I can do so as well" A man with a somewhat noble mannered voice said.

Another from the smaller cloaked individual replied in a feminine voice "You wish you idiot. Do you know how hard it is? We're both Bishops, we would need to train for years before we can achieve what the Archbishop has.

And even then he has great talent over this divine power!" The two began to argue between each other before the man in the middle, the one referred to as Archbishop, spoke.

"You there... I can feel a little holy energy from you. Who ordered you here? Do you not know that the Pope has decreed no one with this energy go out without permission? It is punishable by death!"

Avrin started to feel confused. "Archbishop? Pope? Who the hell are these clowns? Some kind of cult?" Avrin spoke, but purposely added the joke to get a reaction from them. But violence would not get him answers, so he spoke again.

"I apologize senior. I'm new to the church and I haven't been brought up to date with things yet. I was only told to wait at the tavern by an Archbishop, but he never arrived. I figured he had asked you to come?"

The man seemed to have bought Avrin's words. Of course, Avrin was quite a sweet talker. The Archbishop's blade, with a laughable amount of dark matter coating it, almost made him burst out laughing.

"Uh? Is that so... Hmm, I can't recall any of the Archbishops saying this, but we are still establishing order, so it must have slipped through. Very well, you are to come with us back to headquarters so we can process your rank if you do not have one"

Avrin nodded and chuckled softly "Of course senior." The smaller female cautiously eyed Avrin, while the other careless one showed little interest. "Come on, let's go!" The care free one spoke before the Archbishop spoke.