Ch 75: Dungeon (Part 2)

Avrin and Clovis made their way inside the dungeon. Strangely, the interior was lit up quite well, despite the entrance showing darkness. As if it was an illusion to keep adventurers on their toes. "This place reeks..." Clovis spoke as he looked around, seeing bones scattered everywhere, broken and disfigured. One couldn't tell if they were human or an animal's.

Avrin didn't reply. Instead, he was contemplating something strange. As much as he tried to spread his Divine Sense, he couldn't. It was as if a wall blocked it. He couldn't scan for more than 3 meters in any given direction. This made him more cautious, as he wondered who the creator of this dungeon was.

"No doubt we are being watched..." Avrin looked around, his eyes augmented, as he would rely on that. He could see that everything used to build this structure emitted mana, and with so many sources, it would be annoying to find an enemy. If they hid well enough, they could blend into the walls.

Of course, Avrin knew the chances of the creatures having the same mana source as the materials of this dungeon was very low, but he had to take everything into account to be prepared for the worst.

As the two of them traversed deeper, Avrin looked around. He had a fair understanding of the dungeon's interior. It was built underground, and had bricks and cobblestone infused with mana layered around to keep the earth at bay.

Of course, this was backed up by the fact that some parts had cracked and crumbled over the years, and the earth had managed to make its way in, blocking some paths. "I wonder how deep this place leads. " Clovis spoke as he knelt down beside a mangled skeleton, trying to examine it.

"Probably a kilometer, If there's a dragon, no doubt deep enough to cover and hide itself" Avrin replied as he tampered with the mana infused materials, his Nebula Mist touching the surface of a loose brick. As his dark matter touched the mana inside the brick, the mana did something he considered strange.

It began to try and push back against his dark matter, as if having a self defence mechanism. But his Nebula Mist overcame it and it was soon devoured. "So this can be done? It will be irritating if someone knows how to use this for combat"

Avrin whispered to himself. As soon as Avrin finished speaking, a screech like roar echoed across the entire area they were in, coming from the tunnel up ahead. Clovis quickly got up, as he was surprised by the sound "Finally. Seems like they took notice of us" He laughed quietly.

Avrin gazed into the tunnel with his augmented eyes. He then narrowed them "-Strange... I don't see anyt--" As he was about to finish, he thought he felt something was off. He quickly looked up to see the ceiling emitted a magic circle that opened up, and a several figures began to drop onto the ground, until a total of 5 landed between Avrin and Clovis. Gazing quietly, Avrin examined them.

These figures wore spiked armor over their muscular bodies. Although it seemed protective, he could see these creatures also had scales that looked as if they were no weaker than the armor they wore.

The creatures had long, lizard like faces, with sharp, piercing eyes and long snouts. They hissed and stood up, their bodies nearly 3 meters. As soon as one looked at Avrin, its body tensed and its muscles rippled as it roared, giving a similar screech to the sound he and Clovis had heard before.

"Damn these bastards are loud..." Clovis glared. He also had to be focused. He could feel these creatures were incredibly strong. One of the creatures facing Clovis charged at him without waiting, and swung its large claw hand towards him. The wind rippled slightly as the claw moved in its trajectory.

Clovis quickly ducked before side stepping, infusing his hand with flame affinity mana. He punched towards the creature's abdomen. "Flame Fist First Strike..." As his fist landed against the creature's hardened armor, Clovis flinched slightly, as he found it to be harder than he had thought.