Ch 84: Many Things Unfolding

Glancing over towards the source of the voice, Avrin spotted an excited Felia, who ran towards him with worry as well as curiosity. "Avrin! You're ok?.. What the hell happened!?!" While these words left her lips, Kael, Clovis and some others also rushed over, wondering what was going on.

"Just an ambush. It turns out there was no Dragon, but a larger Draconian. I delt with it quickly and the others scurried off" Kael looked with amazement as he sighed quietly. "I'm sure the battle was intense, Master. You beat it so quickly!"

Avrin tilted his head and gently shook it at Kael's words. Clovis then quickly uttered out. "Well what now? Was that the big guy of this dungeon?" Avrin nodded as he pointed down towards the hall.

"It's all done. There shouldn't be any problems with hostile encounters anymore." With those words said, Avrin led the way down the dungeon using his Divine/Dark Sense to lead them towards the cave system.

Felia and the others had planned to tie rope together, but Avrin realised this would take too much time and had formed a rope long enough. as well as sturdy enough. to bring back what they needed. He had no plans to stay any longer.

The rope was thrown down, and people began to climb into the depths. The rope itself was made from a special nano fibre that was 20x harder than steel. but as flexible as string. while being lightweight. Felia glanced at Avrin as she watched the mercenaries carefully make their way down.

"So you had first looks on what's down there. Did anything catch your eye?" Avrin answered simply. "What I was after wasn't there, so I took a few Unique level ores." At the sound of those words, Felia's body quivered. "U..Unique level? Isn't that a bit much?..." She worried this was the bulk of the treasure.

Avrin gave a simple laugh. "Trust me. When you find out what's down there, you're going to be glad I only took this much." Avrin was inwardly happy that when he had arrived, to begin with, Wruen's corpse had all but vanished, and in it's place was a strange, transparent, black, crystal sphere with a purple gas inside of it. It was around 5 centimeters in diameter.

Avrin wouldn't have seen it had it not been for the dark matter energy it had emitted. He was eager to examine it, but wanted to deal with current issues first. "Kael." Avrin turned to Kael, who was beside him and looking down at the hole as the mercenaries placed torches.

"Yes, Master? What's wrong?" Avrin began to walk away as he gave an answer. "We're leaving. Let's go." Felia froze for a moment, turning to look back. "So soon!? Why? " Turning to look at her, he spoke. "There's nothing more here for us, and I still need to train Kael. I'd only be wasting time. You have your treasure"

Felia frowned and tapped her feet. "Yes, but we were in this together. We still need to celebrate!" Avrin softly laughed and waved his hand towards Kael. "Let's go" Kael, who was looking back and forth between Felia, who looked irritated at Avrin ignoring her, and Avrin, who treated this like a joke, felt confused.

"Master!" Kael rushed off to Avrin's side. "Hey!" Felia called out. But as she was about to follow Avrin, a figure dashed from the walls of the tunnel, making it's way up and landing beside her.

"Clovis?" Felia spoke, gazing at Clovis's ecstatic face. He dropped several golden objects adorned with gems and diamonds into her hands and spoke. "Congratulations! You're now richer than a human kingdom!"

Felia, who had extended her hand on reflex as Clovis was giving her something, quivered before falling to her knees, gazing at it all. "Uhh..." She was dumbfounded. Having taken his words to heart, how could she not believe him when his tone seemed so true, as well as evidence in front of her.

"Hey, where's Avrin?" Clovis curiously asked. It was only then Felia snapped out of her confusion. "Shit! He's gone, damnit." She stood up and looked around in frustration before sighing as she gazed at the gold objects in her hands.