Ch 14: Wake Up Call

Avrin slowly coughed as he looked around, vision still a slight blur and his body acting as if it had reset and everything was being checked. His vision slowly recovered and he found himself in a dark room with nothing but a column of light with many colours reflecting around and containing him. When he touched the column it had a feeling of unmatched strength, as if he could never get through it. He then remembered yesterday. He had fought someone although he didn't know who it was, he had attacked without waiting.

It seemed whoever it was had decided to keep him in here. He shrugged it off and sat down on his butt with his hands over his knees as he tried to breathe a bit more, as if he felt he needed it. He gazed at the right side of his body. His right side had a weird feeling, but his arm, oblivious to him had regenerated. He had felt an intense pain before blacking out. After that he couldn't remember anything else.

He pressed his formerly lost right hand against his face as his heart was beating quicker at his situation. He was captured. Would he be killed or experimented on or even sold? Who knew would what happen? Little did he know, it was the same feeling the fairy he had captured before had, a sort of karma had reached full circle.

"Where is this place?" He continued to look around, opening his eyes wider as if he remembered something. "I wonder if he is alive. I'm sure I did something to help him. Speaking of which..." he raised his hand and began to try and focus his power. It gave his body a slight pain, as if telling him he hadn't fully recovered. It also led him to cough in a slight fit before he calmed down and laid on his back. "Seems like I'm stuck here for a while..."

Little did he know, a guard would enter just then and gasp before running off to inform Myra. Avrin turned his head and barely saw him leave and kept cautious, as he most likely went to tell whoever it was that caught him he was awake.

"Doesn't seem like they're going to leave me here with much free time. I need a plan." Avrin continued to look around, desperate for an escape route, but he knew it was useless without his abilities. After ten minutes, he leaned against the back of the Etilith binding shield and waited for whoever it was the figure had went to get.

He didn't have to wait long, as five minutes after that, a small creature similar to the one he had caught appeared. She wasn't tall and had four small wings on her back and she wore a white and green robe with blue trimmings around the collar. It wasn't a fancy robe, but enough to give the impression of someone important. What caught Avrin's eye was the staff she held. It didn't take a genius to tell it was either extremely expensive or extremely powerful.

Avrin clicked his tongue casually as he wondered if this was the person who caught him. Myra began to speak to him in a language he obviously didn't understand.

"Ne arefu ti nieshuk caru isne me biastu?"

Avrin raised a brow as he scratched the back of his head and replied. "Look I don't know who you are, but I don't have a clue what you're saying. If you're here to interrogate me, I don't plan to tell you anything. Nor is the language barrier going to help you to do so." Myra was taken aback. She blinked as she gazed at the taller elven man who had a long beard and droopy eyes and held a lesser looking staff. He then stroked his beard and talked to Myra in the same language, to which Myra smiled and laughed, then nodded before looking back at Avrin.

Avrin felt impatient. Even though he was the one at their mercy, he felt like an animal locked in a cage. Of course, he could never share the same feelings as the sylph who felt death around him. The old man then threw a small round glowing crystal through the shield that rolled towards Avrin. Avrin cautiously picked it up and looked at it. It had a swirling grey magic inside it, but that was all he thought it could do. Avrin then looked at the two who seemed to motion to the crystal then at their own mouths.