Ch 40: An Invited Guest

Avrin had entered and taken a seat opposite of Myra, his arms folded and his eyes shut as he tried to hide his anger that wanted a chance to come out of the years of being suppressed to a degree. Avrin had managed to deal with Ayame whenever she tried to attack him. Every time she would, he would just give a few sweet words and watch her light up like a firework before heading off for a few days. She was the brawn and no brain type to an extent and it was also amusing to watch.

Izanami often bothered him but it seemed she had been told by her father as well as Shimaru to stop bothering Avrin, so he hadn't seen her in nearly a year and a half, which was good. Amias was the same considering he had his own training. Avrin had seen him battle an opponent before he was sent to train for 2 years and secluded. Amias had potential, others said he was a genius like his father but Avrin didn't know enough about his father to know.

And now comes the main point, the one that had trapped Avrin in a magical shield and had to make him feel like an experiment. What made it worse was she was the one that had helped Shimaru's clan. Avrin had to think of a way out of this, but was also wondering why she was here.

The room was silent for awhile before Shimaru let out his joyful santa like laugh and spoke "Ho ho ho! Myra I forgot to ask, what brings you to this humble estate?" Shimaru asked as if trying to also seek an answer.

Myra smiled as she sat cross legged. It looked cute considering she was a loli "Shi, I received your letter regarding humans knowing of your clans existence" She spoke in a somewhat lecture tone towards him which made him rub the back of head and grin as if he were a child. Then again, Myra, being a Sylph, was most likely centuries older than him, even if she didn't look it. "I'm sorry Myra, it seems my old age has made me forget a bit to often."

Myra smiled and then turned to Avrin with a mischievous grin. She could see he was hiding his frustration "Avrin, Shi has told me in his letter about a disciple with an enigmatic ability with a unique aura unlike anything of this world. I just had to come here and see for myself"

Avrin gave a soft glare. From her words alone, it wasn't hard for him to know she identified Shimaru's disciple as him. "I'm grateful lady Myra that you consider me as such an important disciple of teacher." He spoke giving face to Shimaru. This test was to see how well he did under pressure. The last time they met, Avrin showed a lot of anger, and this sudden change made Myra widen her eyes in shock as if she were speaking to an entirely different person.

But it seems they both had the idea that they would not let Shimaru know they had met before. "Ahh yes Myra, Avrin is indeed unique...Over these past 2 years his progress has been astonishing...I have never met anyone like him before. I'm starting to even doubt he is a demon considering his body's development" Avrin just gave a soft chuckle and spoke in a jokeful tone "Haha teacher, you even doubt your own disciple. I feel saddened"

Shimaru gazed at Avrin and grinned "Was it you who put the condition of not asking personal questions? This cannot be considered personal" Shimaru was right. As long as he did not personally ask Avrin it wasn't considered unfair.

Myra smiled and looked at Avrin with a wink "Well your disciple is indeed handsome. That is a fact. I'm sure there are many females out there who would want a strong and attractive individual like yourself. I'm sure even Syrana would be intrigued with you"

That name made Avrin almost cringe as he tensed his stomach. He knew she did that on purpose and his face was a little red. Not from embarrassment but from anger. He gave another soft chuckle and spoke "My dear lady Myra, unfortunately I am not interested in a relationship as I have my own self to work on."

Myra nodded and gazed at Shimaru "Shi, I would like some time alone with your disciple. If that is ok. It seems this way I may get to know more about him." Shimaru gazed at Avrin. Even though he was his teacher, he wouldn't force Avrin to do something he wouldn't like. Avrin smiled and bowed to Shimaru slightly "Teacher, it is fine. I would also like to talk to lady Myra. Maybe I could get to know the outside world more"