Chapter 1 ( Where It All Began )

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within…- James Baldwin -

Hong Kong - Alexa in Concert

THE VENUE

Inside the Hong Kong Cultural Center Concert Hall, a thundering applause, ear-shuttering screams and adulations can be heard as she belts out…

Don’t wanna close my eyes, don’t wanna fall asleep…

‘Cause I miss you babe, and I don’t want to miss a thing…

‘Cause even when I dream of you, The sweetest dream will never do,

I’ll still miss you babe, And I don’t want to miss a thing.

I don’t wanna close my eyes! Don’t wanna fall asleep!

‘Cause I miss you babe, and I don’t wanna miss a thing

‘Cause even when I dream of you…the sweetest dream will never do…

‘Cause I miss you babe, and I don’t wanna miss a thing…

Singer :  Goodnight everybody!!! Thank you very much for coming…

It was another successful concert, the last of her concert tour around five Asian countries for the benefit of the Domestic Helpers and Overseas Contract Workers in Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam, Thailand, Singapore and lastly Hong Kong… Flowers were thrown on stage and she bent to pick some of them… She was handed a bouquet of flowers by one of the concert organizers then she turned to the audience and bowed to them and to the orchestra before she waved goodbye…

Inside the dressing room, she sat and looked at herself in the mirror… Sad eyes stares back at her while she talks at her own reflection…

Alexa :  Hayyy… Alessandra Marie Serrano, also known as Alexa… Sino ka ba sa dalawa?  [Who’s the real you?]  (Thinking to herself…)  Maganda ang career mo…  Marami kang pera…  Kahit anong gusto mo, mabibili mo…  Ang gusto mong sasakyan, nasa iyo…  May sarili kang bahay, may condominium ka pa…  Halos lahat nasa iyo na pero bakit parang may kulang pa?  Bakit hindi ka masaya?  May boyfriend ka naman…  [You have a successful career…  You have money…  You can buy whatever you like…  You own the car that you liked…  You have your own house and you even have a condominium…  You practically have everything but why do you feel so empty?]  (She rested her elbows on top of the dresser, placed her head between her hands and took some locks of hair and tagged them slightly…) Ughhh… (Looks up to whisper a prayer…) Lord, help me naman find a man who I will love and serve… A man who will also love and serve me!!! PLEASE!!!

Crissy : HOY!!! Hindi ka pa bihis? Anong gusto mo, bihisan pa kita?  [Hey!!!  You haven’t changed?  Do you want me to undress you?]  (When Alexa heard her she raised a foot and automatically, Crissy took off the shoe then the other…)  Uyyy… at sineryoso nga ako…  Bakla, tumayo ka na dyan…  Gusto ko na ring matulog sa malambot na kama, no…  Maaga pa po ang flight natin…  [Ohhh…  And she thought I was serious…  Fagot, get up!!!  I also want to rest and sleep in the comfort of my bed…  We have an early flight tomorrow…]

Alexa :  Crissy, gusto ko nang mag-asawa…  Gusto ko nang magkaanak…  (Drops her head in self-pity…) [I want to get married, Crissy…  I want to have a child…]

Crissy :  Bayaan mo, bukas hahanap tayo ng lalaki…  Hindi ako pwede eh…  Ala rin akong lawit…  (Both of them laugh…) [Don’t worry, tomorrow we’ll find you a man…  I can’t give you one because I don’t have that thing that hangs between the legs…]