Joy

Short and sweet <3

——

It was after Joyce's Memorial service.

There were tears, there were sobs, there was some fainting from will.

Who can blame him, his mother. The only woman that had been on his side for years had just disappeared.

Jonathan was devastated but kept it together for his little brother.

Y/n was sat next to Mike whilst he talked to Will. Her hand on her 5 month baby bump.

She was in a lot of pain but Joyce had been like a mother to her, and she wanted to be there for her family.

On top of his mom being dead, the man he loved was with another, married to another. He resented y/n in every way.

Why is she here? He wondered.

She only knew the Byers for a short amount of time. He hadn't looked at her all day.

Will was emotionless since the situation, it was until mike and y/n had an announcement to make.

Will sighed and Jonathan nudged him. The attendants looked at the couple who were whispering to each other silently.

The room was obviously more gloomier than it should be.

"I first would like to say that Joyce was an incredible woman, an incredible mother and to us all, the party and a great friend to some."

Will nodded as Mike continued.

"She's always been there to pick us all up when we needed help getting up. For the longest time, she's been there. She was a strong woman, she was a fighter, and she was also quite stubborn. But that's what makes her who she is. She would never hear out on something other than what she believes is right, and if you talk to her she'll listen. She cared so much for her family and her sons, one of my best friends."

Mike then looked at his wife and motioned for her to continue with a smile. Y/n got up with the help of her husband. Will almost rolled his eyes, what could she possibly have to say about his mother?

"In the short amount of time I knew her, she'd been more a mother to me than my own. She was a kind soul, too wonderful for this world. She brought light wherever she went. Literally.  The way she cared was astonishing. And she would go through hell and back to fight for her family if she needed to. Which is exactly what Mike and I are going to do for ours."

The couple held hands and finally came the big announcement.

"Which is why we decided to name our daughter Joyce Grace Wheeler. If that's okay with her family."

The room was filled with claps, and gasps and congratulations. Jonathan started crying and kept over to hug the couple.

"Of course it's okay. Thankyou so much. This will honor her more than you think it could. She would be so happy for you two." He cried.

It felt like some of the heaviness of the funeral was lifted off of the house. Will was the only person who hasn't said anything yet.

His heart was filled with so much joy. He was smiling, for the first time since he found out about his mom he was smiling.

Will found himself leaping from the couch and giving y/n a big hug. "I'm guessing it's okay with you too?" She joked while she patted his back.

"More than okay.."

— 2 years later —

"Thankyou so much for watching Joy for us will." Mike said whilst handing his friend the kiddy bag.

"No problem. You guys enjoy your date!" The couple smiled and hid their goodbyes to him and their daughter.

As y/n and Mike walked down the driveway to the car. Mike stopped and looked back at the house, the Byers house.

"Sweetie you okay?" Y/n furrowed her brows as she took a hold of his arm.

Mike wiped a tear away and smiled.

"She is going to have so many good memories here."

——

A/n: I cannot explain how much I love this idea