Finn battles braids

Requested

Finn x black reader<3

——

"So how do I do this?" Finn stood there holding the hair extensions in his hand as parted my hair, making sure I get the middle part just perfect.

"You just divide them into perfect pieces." The poor boy must have been so confused because he had no clue what I was talking about and he didn't utter a word.

"You good back there?" I ask, starting to apply some product and hair wax into different sections of my hair. "I'm good." He squeaked. I resisted the urge to turn around and see how he was doing because I don't know what kind of hell I'm turning around to face.

"Okay, remember, if you need help just ask." Finn uttered a "gotcha" under his breath but I heard him. "So how long is this supposed to take again?" Poor guy, in reality I had no idea how long this would take, so, I'll just hit him with what I think is right, I mean, my braiding skills are quite good.

"Not more than one hour." I heard him sigh in relief and chuckle. "Okay, one hour, got it." He kept repeating one hour under his breath, while he kept placing different extensions on the metal bar next to me. And pretty soon, one by one I started working on my knotless braids.

1 hour later

Not even half my hair was done. "Babe, you said this was gonna take an hour." He whined at the back, now he was helping me part the next section of my head. And after several YouTube and Tik Tok tutorials, he got the hang of it.

"Okay, I promise this next part is going to take at least 1 hour and 30 minutes." I said as I braided as fast as I could. Eventually we heard a knock on the door which caught both of our attentions.

"That must be the doordash I ordered." I clapped in excitement, Finn raised his eyebrow "you ordered doordash? You threatened me saying we wouldn't be taking any breaks until this was done." I did say that.

"Would you be mad if I said I got you spicy curly fries and a Caesar salad?" His look changed. "I would not actually." Amazing, we're taking a food break. "Okay so go get it. And take my card—" "no, I got it, I'm paying."

And that ladies, is how I always manage to save my money.

After the eating break (40 minutes)

"Okay we're done with half of your head. Only took us about 2 hours." He said sarcastically laughing and sipping his slurpee, I rolled my eyes and kept braiding to the ends. "If you're complaining so much who told you to date a black girl." I said laughing at how easily affected he is by this.

"Okay now you're just putting me on the spot babe." I finished another braid and asked him to hand me another extension and he handed it to me. "You offered to help."

"No, you literally said if I didn't 'I'm not for the gorls and during black history month is insane'" I did also say that, but he was the one who actually took the bait and fell into the rats trap. "Also how much product do you use on your hair, I feel like my hand is drowning in hair wax."

"A lot, I use a lot, it's what makes the braid stay in place."

"It also makes my hands sticky."

I rolled my eyes and finished that braid and held out my hand for another extension.

2 hours later

We still weren't finished, I had 7 parts left to braid, and my boyfriend took a 10 minute Power Nap and watched one and a half of an episode of Riverdale then decided this ain't for him. "1 hour you said, 1 hour, I'm so tired of your lies." He said complaining as he flicked through Netflix on tv.

"Babe, I swear to god if you make one more comment—"

"Okay I'm sorry, I'm sorry. We missed our reservation at the restaurant I wanted to take you to though." I mean, I wasn't too upset, I didn't want to go there anyway, it was wayyyyy too fancy for my taste. "Oh no.. I'm sorry, we can go next time."

I feel like he could sense the sarcasm in my voice because he threw a pillow at me, making me gasp and turn around slowly. "That was definitely because I'm black." I said throwing it back at him. Poor guy couldn't say anything.

"Stop putting me on the spot."

"Stop throwing things at me and I'll be done faster!"

"You said you'd be done 2 hours ago." I also said I liked riverdale, which is a big fat lie but you know. "Just watch a show or something, I'll be done before you know it." He groaned and laid back on the couch, flicking through Netflix again.

30 minutes later

"Okay, I'm finally done with my whole head." I heard Finn sigh in relief behind me. "Finally."

"But—"

"Oh god what now."

"I have to curl the ends so get me those little (idek what they're called." Finn looked at me as if I just murdered the 7th US president. "You're joking." I was indeed not joking. "I am not."

"How long is this going to take." He asked batting his eyelashes like this was going to change my mid. "Not more than 5 minutes."

35 minutes later.

"Babe, your hair has been soaking in that hot water for years, when the fuck are you actually gonna take it out." He asked while I sat there scrolling on shein, I found cute shoes and I couldn't resist.

"Soon, just let me do this first." He groaned against and I pretty sure he stormed off to the bathroom.

15 minutes later

I'm finally done with my hair and lowkey I love the results. "Okay so we're finally done." I say looking in the mirror as I did a cute hairstyle, feeling proud of myself. "Yeah it only took fucking forever." I quickly looked back at him but he smiled and wrapped his hand around my waist. And pressed a kiss on the side of my head

"You look amazing though."  He said as he robbed his hands up and down my waist. I smiled and giggled like he's never done this before, I embarrass myself sometimes I swear. "See I told you I'm fast at braiding." He looked at me a laughed sarcastically.

"We are, WE." I did force him to be a part of this, but he voluntarily took the bait, so technically, he did it because he wanted to and because he loves me, who forced him to sit down on that chair??

"I'm just a girl." I say wiping a fake tear. "Now let's take some pictures for my archive." He raised his eyebrow. "What archive?"

"Oh nothing."

——

A/N: Did you miss me?