We used to be

Summary: It's like that will and Mike scene in episode 2 or 3 idk but like I'm replacing will with y/n in that argument

Requested

- -

Mike went all over the place trying find el with y/n and will. They decided to split up and y/n ended up opening the girls bathroom with Mike seeing in she was there.

While Mike got yelled at by all the girls inside he walked away. "Was she in there?" Y/n asked as they were walking away. "No. And you should have told me that she was having trouble" Mike stated.

"Well I didn't know they would be here Mike" y/n defended herself and folded her arms. "But you knew that she was having trouble for like a year and you didn't tell me" Mike said as he continued walking.

"Well I didn't know she was lying to you!" she was right because she didn't know Mike was lying to el until just today. "Which is why you decided to eh a douche to her all day?" Mike asked with an attitude.

"I wasn't being a 'douche-'" Mike interrupted her. "You were! You were- you were rolling your eyes, you were moping, you basically sabotaged the whole day." So he did notice her. "Because she's been lying to you, Mike. Straight to your face ever since you got here." Y/n said jabbing her finger in mikes chest.

"And- me and will have been total third wheels all day and it's bee miserable, so sorry if I wasn't.. if I wasn't smiling" y/n said shrugging while Mike gave her an unconvinced look. "Yeah whatever y/n." Mike walked a few steps but y/n stopped him.

"Well what about us?" She asked and Mike stopped in his tracks turning around and facing her. "What?" He asked confused. "Are you mad that I didn't talk to you? Ca- cause you made it pretty clear that you weren't interested in anything I have to say." She walked over closer to him folding her arms again.

Mike scoffed looking away and looking back at her. "That's just not true." He defended. "You've called maybe a couple times. It's been a year, Mike. Meanwhile El has like a book of letters from you." Mike widened his eyes. "That's because she's my girlfriend, y/n" his words stung a lot to her but she kept a brave face.

"And us?" She asked as her voice cracked. "We're friends. We're friends!." Mike repeated and his words were really hurting y/n as she didn't see him as just a friend. "Well we used to be best friends!" She yelled at him and Mike stayed quiet.

"And last year you told me I meant more to you than that" she said looking down. "I guess I assumed wrong." She looked back up and speed walked away with Mike chasing after her and calling her name.

"What!?" She finally snapped turning around and facing him again. "Did you mean what you said?" He asked making her roll her eyes. "I meant every word, but I should have guessed you don't feel the same way."

"No-" before Mike could finish they heard a loud scream and they both turned around immediately. "What the-"

- - time skip to the next morning - -

Mike stared at the eggs he prepared for el. He got up and took the plate and walked towards Els room. But somehow he ended up at y/n's room. He sighed and knocked on the door.

"Come in" he heard inside, he opened the door and saw y/n on the floor trying to fix something. "Hey uh- I prepared eggos for you-" y/n cut him off. "That's els favorite food not mine." She said still not looking at him.

"Right- Right.. Sorry" he placed the eggos down on her bed and sat down on the floor across from her. "So are we just not gonna talk about it?" He asked after a few moments of silence.

"About what." She knew what he meant but still decided to play clueless. "About your uhm.. about your feelings." He said and y/n stopped what she was doing but her eyes were still on the thing she was working on.

"This was supposed to be from me to you. But I ruined it out of anger last night" she said pushing the item to Mike. Mike looked at her before taking it and opening it. "It's me and you." He said as he looked at the painting. She nodded and looked up at him with puffy red eyes.

"Mike I have been crazy about you, my whole life. When my parents died and I had to live with Joyce although I love her I begged to live with you." Mike looked at her and frowned. "Mike, it hurts me. everytime. Because when el came along it was like you immediately fell for her and I- I knew that I had no chance right there." She whispered on the last part with a tear dropping from her eyes.

"maybe after that whole speech you gave me last year about me being more of a best friend to you I thought wow maybe I do have a chance. But you proved that I don't after 1 year of us being apart." She explained and Mike shook his head.

"Y/n I've always liked you. I always have, I just thought you didn't see me the way I saw you and I pushed them aside and that was- that was stupid of me and I shouldn't have done that." He said grabbing her hand.

She looked down at their hands and smiled a little but that disappeared after a few seconds. "You're only noticing me now because I basically poured myself out to you" she told him and he shook his head again. "No, no. I've always noticed you y/n, understand that." But she refused to believe it and took her hand away from mikes.

"I want to be alone for a few minutes to think, is that ok?" She asked and Mike hesitated but got up and grabbed the painting walking out of her room.

She loves him but..
"I can't do this to el." She whispered as he walked farther away from her room

- - - -

A/n: :)