Ex-Wife

Summary: You take the kids to Finn's house for the week and find out he has a new girl.

Requested

Kids

Faith (5) and Piper (3)
- -

"Alright Kids!, get your bags we're heading in 5 minutes!" I yelled at my kids upstairs. I'm talking them to their dads for the week. Because that's what the court agreed on.

They love staying at Finn's because they claim they have more fun there. I don't take offense to that. I know they're right, Finn's fun to be around but he is really strict.

My little 5 year old and her little 3 year old sister came running down the stairs holding their baggies that I packed for them everytime the have to go to their dads house.

"We're ready mama" faith said standing right in front of me smiling from ear to ear. God she looks just like Finn both of them do. What am I copy and paste Finn Edition?

"C'mon you two, let's get in the car" I picked piper off and we went outside. I strapped them to their car seats and got in the front and started driving us to his house.

-

When we got there the girls were jumping in excitement as I rang the door bell waiting for the door to open to- "hello?" A girl around my age answered the door.

Who the fuck is this? "Uhm, hi- is Finn here?" I asked and she nodded and called him over. "Hey y/n, hey my babies!" He said picking up the girls while they were giggling and laughing and playing with his hair.

"Babe, why don't you bring them inside?" Finn asked the girl. Babe?! She said sure and brought the girls inside with their bags.

I took Finn's arm and dragged him outside closing the door. "Ow." He yanked his arm back and I rolled my eyes. "Finn, who is that?" I asked him and he gave me a confused look. "That's my girlfriend Melody she's staying over" why did my heart break a little.

"Oh. Uhm when did you meet her?" I asked him and he shrugged. "Sometime when me and her were kids, you got anymore questions?" He asked me and I shook my head. Why was I upset?

I fake smiled and told him "have a great time with the kids finn it was great to see you, I'll pick them up at the usual day and time" I was about to walk off but he grabbed by shoulders. "Wait uh, you didn't tell me how you're doing?" He put his hands in his pockets.

"Oh, I'm fine, just yk a little hard moving into a new house but I'm used to it." I said and he smiled and I don't know what wrong with me but I could have melted right here.

"That's good to hear- what are your plans now that you're basically free from the kids for the week" he asked me and I paused. "Oh uh nothing big, I'm just gonna go to work but In about 1 hour I have a date with Noah." I wasn't lying. I did have a date with Noah and I wasn't too sure at first but if Finn's moving on then I have to.

"Oh, well I uh wish you luck" I nodded and smiled at him before heading over to the car and drove off.

Finn's Pov

"Noah, pft out of everyone Noah" I muttered walking inside. I can't believe she has a date with her best friend. "Babe.. I just put your kids to watch a movie upstairs. Do you want to maybe" melody came over to me and started tapping my chest with her finger.

"Maybe later babe I'm not really in the mood." I told her going into the kitchen to prepare some food for the kids. "Aww well okay, by the way that was your ex-wife?" She asked and I turned around and nodded.

"Dang I feel sorry for her." She sat down at the kitchen island. "Why's that?"

"Because she looks tired out with those kids." I could agree with her on that one but in my eyes y/n is always beautiful. "Well the girls are pretty hyper I don't blame her."

40 minutes later

I checked the cabinet for soy sauce and realized we didn't have any.

"Mel I gotta go to the store, do you mind watching over the girls" I grabbed my keys and my jacket and she nodded and kissed me goodbye.

I wasn't going to the store.

I drove over to y/n's house and once I got there I knocked on the door and seconds later she opened it wearing this short, tight, f/c, dress with black pump heels. She had makeup on and her hair was done too. She looked so gorgeous that i forgot what I came here to ask her.

"Finn? What are you doing here?" I shook out of my trance. "I'm uh, I- came here because, uh Piper! Forgot her glasses." She didn't look convinced.

"Faith wears glasses not piper but okay" she went inside and grabbed them handing them to me. "Thanks." She nodded and was about to close the door but I stopped her.

"You look beautiful" I told her and she smiled. "Really, you think Noah will like it?" she asked and I cringed at the question. Maybe I haven't moved on from her. But she divorced me and it was for the best.

"I'm positive." I brought her in for a hug which she hugged back and I swayed her around a little. "Have fun okay?"

She nodded and smiled at me again before closing the door. I was about to walk away and I saw Noah in front of me. "Hey man, what're you..?" He motioned to me in front of her house. "Oh faith forgot her glasses and I just uh. Had to come get them"

"Ohh. Well okay. it was nice seeing you dude I got a date so I can't chat" he patted my back. And went to her door. I couldn't stand and hear this so I went over to my car and sat there for a little before looking out and seeing them walking out together hand in hand being all giggly and stuff.

"I guess it really is over huh." I whispered to myself quietly before starting the car and driving back home.

- -
A/n: wow this has been sitting in my drafts for god knows how long. And it's short so lmao