One Second

Requested

— —
•Mike•

I shouldn't be here but yet here I am.

My eyes were glued to her body in the coffin. I don't know how to feel.

I feel numb, broken.

tears weren't falling from my eyes. I wasn't saying anything. I was just in pure shock, even though it had already been 4 days since we came back to Hawkins.

Hawkins was destroyed but everyone insisted on throwing the ones that lost their lives a funeral.

In respect.

"Mike." I turned around to Nancy who had her hand placed on my shoulder.

I was glad my sister was still here. That could have been her in the coffin.

Nancy wrapped her arm around my torso, I was so much taller than her now.

Mom then came next to us too. After a few minutes they both went back to the others.

The entire party was here. Max was still in the hospital though.

"Where is y/n?"

Everyone shared a sad look before looking at me with tearful eyes.

"Why are you guys acting like that? Where's y/n?"

I blame it all on me. If I hadn't left. If I had just stayed, my girlfriend would be with me.

"Dude, come on." I heard Lucas say from behind me.

This isn't how I expected everything to be.

The guys in black suits, me as well. And everyone either wearing white or black.

I took one last look at y/n's lifeless body and went back to the party.

El patted my back and I sent her a weak smile. "How are you feeling?" Will asked.

"I- I don't know- it's all just- I don't know." I shook my head as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Mike it's okay to let out your emotions" Dustin said folding his arms. "Yeah, We understand" Will added.

"Yeah I know, I'm just in shock." I looked down at my shoes.

"Miiike, come on that's not how you play" Y/n grabbed the controller from me and started playing.

"You're doing even worse than I am!" I laughed as I grabbed the controller back. Her and I have been playing Atari since we ran out of things to do.

"No I wasn't, you're just jealous." She pouted and faced away from me. I rolled my eyes playfully and set the controller down.

"What are you-" I shut her up by putting my lips against hers. She squealed for a quick second before putting her arms around my neck.

We'd been kissing for a while now until I pulled away. "I love you so much y/n." I breathed while moving a strand of hair out of her face.

"I love you too Mike."

I didn't realize the casket was already getting lowered into the ground. That's when everything started hitting me like a truck.

"No, no- No! No!" I kneeled down and started sobbing my heart out as I watched the love of my life leave me forever.

Will, Lucas and Dustin kneeled down next to me telling me to let it out and that everything's gonna be okay.

But it's not.

"I need her, I- I need her.." I cried out, I felt a pair of hands wrap around me. I know those hands. My mom brought me close to her and I laid my head on her shoulder.

"It's okay Michael.. it's okay."

I tried to hold in my screams, my cries, my terrors. I'm not going to be able to live without y/n, I know that. How can someone live without someone they need.

My chest felt tight, I couldn't breathe. My vision started becoming hazy. And the next thing I knew I was being carried somewhere.

I blacked out.

When I woke up I was home, in my bed, my room. My head hurts so fucking bad. I sighed and got up looking in the mirror, my face is tear stained and I look like I got run over.

I looked to the corner of the mirror and saw a Polaroid, I furrowed my eyebrows and grabbed in to get a better look at it.

Me and y/n at star court a year ago. I chuckled as I remembered that day.

"Y/n it's okay I'll pay-"

"No! Do you know how expensive the movies are? I don't want you spending that much money on a movie that won't last 2 hours Mike"

I thought about it and got a lightbulb. "I know a way, come on" i held y/n hand and led her to the one person that we knew that could help us out.

Me and y/n walked into scoops ahoy and saw Steve cleaning the front counter. I rang the bell repeatedly as I did every time I came here.

Steve looked at me with a glare on his face before snatching the bell away. "What do you want wheeler, hey y/n/n"

Y/n waved and got confused nudging my side. "Let us get into the movie? Back To The Future"

Steve groaned and shook his head. "No-"

"Great! Thanks Steve!" I jumped the counter and helped y/n jump over as well.

"What the hell? WHEELER!" Steve yelled as me ran away giggling hand in hand to the back room.

I took my camera out and took a picture of us, I saw an angry Steve in the lens which made it even funnier.

Tears streamed down my face again and I silently cried as I held the Polaroid close to me. I fell down on my knees but didn't harm myself.

I can't hold her anymore. I can't kiss her, I can't tell her how much I love her and I can't have any moments with her anymore. I couldn't even fucking say goodbye to her.

Or be here for her last breaths, I couldn't hold her one last time and tell her I love her one last time, if I had one second. Just one second.

——

A/n: I feel bad now