Eachother

Semi-Requested

——

Lately finn and I have been distant. And I mean distant. We've been fighting nonstop, we've been at each others nerves every now and then and the worst part is we live together.

Things have gotten so bad me and him sleep in different rooms. This night I was getting ready for bed, I heard the door knock and went over and opened it.

My little 5 year old was there holding her bunny in her hand as she wiped her tears. "Oh, Fifi. What's wrong?" I picked her up and brought her inside.

"Daddy.." she sniffed and I raised my brow. "Daddy is leaving us."

"Don't be silly honey daddy isn't leaving." I moved her hair out of her face and wiped her tears. "Yes he is, he's taking a-a bag" I grew even more confused as I set her down.

"Daddy won't leave us okay? Ill talk to him. Go to your room and get some sleep bun" I kissed her forehead and gave her a tiny hug before she scurried back to her room.

I sighed and grabbed my robe, wrapping it around my body as all I had on was a pink nightgown.

As soon as I got it on I walked out of my room and over to the guest room finn was staying in.

When I made it to the door I froze for a few minutes but had enough courage to knock. The door opened and Finn stood there with his damp hair and in a pair of sweatpants. His face fell when he saw me.

"Oh, hey y/n do you.. need something?" I nodded and asked if I could come in. He stepped aside and let me in closing the door behind him.

I looked around and saw a suitcase on his bed and a bag. "I see you're packing." I turned around faced him. He hesitantly nodded and grabbed a towel to dry his hair more.

"Where are you going?"

"To uh. To stay with my parents for a couple of weeks I just need some time away from here." He set the towel down and sat down on the bed.

"So now you need time away from us?" "Y/n don't start." He warned but I didn't listen. "Finn you live here, this is your house! Why are you leaving here don't you have enough space now that you basically sleep in the room furthest from mine?"

"I want a divorce." He told me straight up. My heart broke right there. "A-a divorce?" My voice broke as I spoke to him. "You heard me." He stood up and went to the drawers next to the bed and took out some papers.

Finn sighed and walked over to me handing me the papers. I held them in my hand and I looked down at it. Divorce papers. His signature was already on it.

"Why.."

"Y/n we aren't healthy. I love you of course but there's no way this marriage will work out like this so. Just sign it. I'll provide money and necessities for Fiona, I'll see her often and we'll discuss the rest with lawyers."

He sounded so damn confident. Like he'd been planning this for a while. I don't want this.. sure we fight but that could easily be fixed. "But Finn I don't want to divorce. I mean- think of Fifi" I admitted.

"But I want to, im doing this for both of our sakes. And for Fiona's sake. We can't stay in a marriage that is falling apart! So sign it."

I shook my head and shoved the papers into his chest and stormed off to my room. After I closed and locked the door I slid down it and silently cried. 7 years together, wasted.

I sat there for about an hour thinking about life and everything going on.

I heard the door knock. "Go away finn!" I yelled. "Mommy" I heard a tiny voice outside of the door and quickly got on my feet to open it.

Finn stood with our daughter in his hands. "What are doing-"

"Go on, tell mommy what we're going to do." Finn whispered to her and she giggled. "We're going to spend the night together!" She exclaimed and I smiled a little bit but I was still angry at Finn.

"That's right baby, so y/n what do you say?" Finn turned to me. I laughed and nodded. "Sure come in both of you." Finn came in and plopped down on the bed with Fiona.

I playfully rolled my eyes and sat next to both of them as finn and Fifi messed around.

"So what should we do?" He asks as he sat up playing with Fiona's curly raven hair. "I don't know.. what should we do Fifi?"

Fiona went into a thinking position which made me laugh. "Let's watch Encanto!" She cheered and stood up jumping off the bed to grab the remote.

"Ohh again! We watched it like a 100 times already" Finn fake pouted. "We're watching it daddy, no excuses!" Fiona walked back and climbed onto bed giving me the remote.

I turned on the tv and went on Disney + picking out the movie Encanto. "Alright get comfy guys." I adjusted myself to the two big pillows at the bed frame.

Fiona came and sat next to me and Finn next to her so she was in the middle of both of us. I grabbed a blanket and put it over  all of us "There, all comfy."

The movie started and I looked over at both of them. They both looked so cute and invested in it its almost fascinating. It's moments like this that I missed as a family.

But then the thought and voice came back in my mind. "I want a divorce" I shifted and tried ignoring my thoughts as I focused on the movie.

1 hour later Fiona, who had crawled onto me, was now sleeping as I held her. Her head was in the crook of my neck as the movie kept playing, being the only light source in the room.

"Y/n listen." I looked over at Finn who grabbed the remote and paused it. "I'm sorry, okay? I just thought it would make everything better for you if we separated."

I nodded and motioned for him to continue. "I thought a divorce was what you wanted and I tried to convinced myself that it's what I wanted too. But I don't, y/n all we need to do is try. We love eachother and we love Fiona. We can make this work, if we're willing to and I'm willing to." He finished as he reached over and held my hand.

"Of course I'm willing to try Finn." He smiled and opened his arms for me. I scooted closer and rested my head on his chest while Fiona slept soundly in my arms.

Finn leaned down and kissed my head. "I love you." He said moving a hair out of my face. "I love you too, finn."

——

A/n: pls don't make the daddy weird cause she's a child 🧍🏽‍♀️