Why isn't it me?

A/N: Requested <3

*I actually love this request it's one of my favorites after a lot lmao stan me*

DISCLAIMER! EVERYTHING HERE IS PURELY AN IMAGINE THIS NEVER HAPPENED ALTHOUGH I WISH IT DID 😭

- - -

He's getting married.

It's only been 1 year since he confessed his love to me. But he's getting married to Elsie Ritcher. I feel like breaking into a billion little pieces as I read the article online. I was still not over him, but clearly he's over me.

I scrolled and looked at the picture of him proposing to Elsie at the Season 5 premiere for stranger things. It only made my heart break more. I was crying and my face was already so red but this only made me cry harder. 

I wanted him back. Desperately, but I couldn't have him back. It hurts so much. She and him look so happy. I want to be in Elsie's place so bad.

Me and Finn never really dated, because he was dating Elsie. But between you and me, Him and I have a little secret thing while he was dating her. I didn't feel like a sidechick. I could feel that he actually loved me.

He's told me so many times that Elsie doesn't make him happy. Almost as if he was forced into the relationship. But with me he felt real. He felt like he could be himself and not have to be scared about messing anything up.

Some nights after fighting with her he'd come to my house to calm down and just to spend time with me. 

(Flash Back)

*Tap Tap Tap*

Jeez, who's knocking at this time at night. I got up and faced towards the window. Finn?  I got up and went to open the window which he climbed in almost immediately. "Finn what's wrong why are you here?" I asked him.

He looks like he'd been crying and there was a slap mark on his face. He just took me into his arms and hugged me which I returned gladly. He was sobbing and I patted him on his back. "Shh, shh.. it'll be okay.. here, lets' get you cleaned up.. okay?" He sniffled and nodded.

A few hours later 

"No that's not how you do it!" Him and I were playing on my ps5. I figured it would be good to calm him down a bit with this since he loves games. 

"Finn I'm doing it right! you just suck" I giggled and he fake pouted. "Aww, are you upset" I tickled him which he tried so hard not to laugh but he was doing a poor job at it. 

"Stop it, s-stop it" He gave up laughing. I kept tickling him until he grabbed my wrists and pinned me down. "I said stop princess" he said with a huge grin on his face. I rolled my eyes and kissed him which he kissed back.

We pulled away a few seconds later for air and he stared at me. I lightly giggled. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" He smiled at me. "Because I'm so in love with you" He smiled slightly clearly with sparkles in his eyes. "I love you too." I said and he went back to kissing me.

(Flash Back over)

I smiled at the memory but that smile was quickly wiped away. The thought of him waiting for her at the alter broke me. I got up out of my misery and went out to pick up my mail since bills were almost due.

I found them on the doorstep. I picked them up and went back inside. "Electricity bill, water bill.. an invitation?" I put down the bill letter and opened it. 

~ YOU'RE INVITED TO FINN WOLFHARD AND ELSIE RITCHERS WEDDING ~

TAKES PLACE AT (ADDRESS)