college

Based off of literally today because MY ACCEPTANCE LETTERS ARE TAKING SO DAMN LONG TO GET HERE😭😭

Before anyone asks, I'm not 18 I'm still a minor. the education system  just works different where I live<3

Y/n (19) - Finn (20)

Short

——

Y/n paced around the room, not paced, she literally ran around the house. She was so nervous of not getting into the college she asked for. The acceptance letters were supposed to come today but it's already the afternoon and, surprise surprise. There's not sign of any letter or email.

I was mostly sat in front of the computer while she came in the office every few minutes asking if they emailed anything yet, and as usual, the answer was "No babe, sit and calm down it should be here soon."

Which results in her scoffing, groaning and going back to pacing. I have faith in her, I really do. But her being hyper active like this is also making me have some doubts. If I have to be completely honest.

She's been like this since 12 fucking am. Yeah, im not joking. She woke me up- correction. Literally shook me awake so we could sit in the office and wait for the email. I know y/ns anxiety can take over her sometimes. But this- this is a new level.

My phone rang and I picked it up. Not even bothering to look at the caller id. "What." I groaned into the phone, I rubbed my eyes waiting for the person to talk. "Finn where are you dude Fan Expo already started." Calebs voice spoke through. I slowly turned my head and looked at the clock on the wall. It was already past 2 fucking ok I was supposed to be there at noon.

I sighed lowly and leaned back into my chair. Silently cursing at myself watching y/n run past the office entrance for the 78th time today. Yes, I counted. "Sorry Caleb, uh I'm not gonna be able to make it y/n is uh- she isn't well, she needs me here."

"Can't you get her parents to help her? I have a line of people to meet with and the people that came to see you are causing a riot." Stuck, I am stuck. Before I could respond she came running back in here with a cup in her hand. "I made coffee for you." My eyes flickered to my desk at the 6 different cups. 3 of them were still full.

"Is that y/n?" Caleb asked over the phone. "Yeah, yeah- just call them and tell them I won't be able to make it." I cut the call and put my phone down. I got up slowly and walked over to her, seeing as she was staring into the coffee cup intently.

"My love.." I gently took the cup and put it down on the coffee desk. "You need to sit, down you're not in a right state of mind to be running around like this." She took her eyes off the floor and looked at me. For a second there my dumbass thought she was going to listen, but this is y/n. She never listens.

"I forgot to vacuum the house." "But you did that 4 times alrea-" I didn't even finish my sentence before she scurried off again. Yup, that's the woman I'm marrying next year. God I'd hate to see what she's like a week before the wedding.

I threw my arms up and attempted to walk back to my desk. "Daddy, is mommy okay?" My 3 year old Fiona showed up in the door way. Holding a book in her hand. "Uh." Y/n ran past the door again. "Where is it!" She yelled through the house. Causing us both to get startled.

"No- why?" "I asked her to read me the book. And she didn't hear me." She pouted, holding the book up for me to see. I felt bad and went over picking her up. "I'll read you it." Fiona let out a "yay!"and as soon as I sat back onto the office chair with her on my lap. The notification of a new email appeared on my pc screen.

It's the acceptance letter. "Daddy what's that?" Fiona asked staring at the screen in awe while trying to stand up on my lap. "That's for momma baby." I clicked on it and opened it. She got in, she actually got in—

"You know what- let's not tell momma, let's make it a surprise. Lips sealed?" She brought her little hand up and motioned a zipper locking her lips. "That's my girl." I chuckled watching y/n run past the door
a g a i n.

"81."

——