Is that so?

Time setting: 1700s

The English is gonna be kinda modern but like more 1800s kinds of English so bare with me

Btw y/n is kind of a spoiled brat in this

I'm living for fancy 1700s miles rn.

Requested

- -

"Not so tight." Y/n groaned as her servants were tightening her corset for the ball that will be happening in about a few minutes.

"I apologize your grace but your father strictly requested that you look like perfection." One of them said and tightened it more. "I think this will do, otherwise you will crush my ribs." swatted them away. She looked in the mirror and she could hardly recognize any of her flaws.

"You look absolutely ravishing your highness." One of them said as y/n scoffed and examine herself in the mirror more, she really did look different and her waist was killing her. "I look different that is for sure."

One of the other servants came rushing into the room trying to catch her her breath. "Goodness are you alright?" Y/n asked looking at her up and down. "Yes, I am thankyou. I appreciate your concern my lady" she bowed making y/n roll her eyes. "The ball is beginning and you're getting introduced now" she spoke as she stood back straight again.

"Alright." Y/n got off the stool she was standing on and the servant escorted her out to the gateway of the ballroom. "PRINCESS Y/N L/N OF (kingdom/name)" someone announced from the top. People clapped and y/n hesitantly made her way down the steps.

Waving and smiling ever so gently. (Kill me.)

As soon as she made her way down different princes started conversing with her.

To say the least she was quite bored and wasn't interested in anything these boys had to say.

So she excused herself and went over to grab something to drink. As she was drinking her wine somebody lightly tapped on her shoulder. She turned around facing the person and chuckled.

"Miles Fairchild, I see you've made your way out of the gates of the inferno." She fully turned around completely facing him as he laughed. "Inferno? Is that what my kingdom is to you, lady y/n?" He asked as he inched forward to the girl although she did not move.

"Why the last time I recall we are supposed to despise eachother, am I not wrong?" She batted her eyelashes at him. "If you weren't wrong as you are stating right this moment... then your father would not have invited my father to this.. lovely ball" he looked around before looking back at her.

"Hand?" He held up his hand, she scoffed but still brought her gloved hand up and placed it in his. He brought her hand up to his face and gently kissed it. "You've certainly grown to be beautiful princess" he lets go of her hand and she fake smiles.

"I suppose you don't look half as bad as you did when we crossed paths just 3 years ago." She held her hands together as Miles had grin on his face.

"You and I both know, that you had a liking to me at that time, I just can't help but wonder if that liking is  still present" he smirked and walked a little bit closer to her. If anyone were to look at them right now they would clearly see that both do take a liking to eachother but are just too stubborn to admit it.

"You dream too much Fairchild." Y/n giggled as she took another sip of wine. "I do dream a lot, but what's to say those dreams aren't about you."

She felt blood rushing thoughts her cheeks but she wouldn't show how vulnerable she is in front of him.

She refused to.

"And they aren't holy dreams, my dear y/n" he lifted  his hand up and caressed her cheek. Instantly her knees felt weak. As if they desired something.

They needed to be pleased.

The sexual tension flying around them was so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

"That just proves to me that you have the same thoughts as any other man" she spoke as she put her goblet down on the table by them.

"And is that such a horrid thing?" He asks as he leaned closer.

Her knees started shaking, begging for something to happen between them.

"Why yes, you lot have such unholy thoughts it's almost unbelievable" she attempted to walk away but Miles pulled her back to her, closer this time..

"Then tell me lady y/n, why are you shaking?" He questioned looking straight into her eyes.

Y/n saw the look in his eyes, lust. His eyes were filled with lust. She wanted him to pull her into a bedroom, it doesn't even have to be hers and do unspeakable things to her.

She wanted him.

And he wanted her.

But she was too stubborn to confess the truth. "My corset is on a little too tight, I have to look good for my potential spouses don't I?" She smirked as she felt miles tense up and pull her closer to where her body was pressed onto his chest, he was looking down at her and she was looking up at him.

"You will have no such thing if it's not me" he seethed holding her wrists tighter. "Why did you think my father hosted this ball, it's to find a suited person of my liking to marry, I'm nearly 18 and he needs someone to take over the throne. And god forbid he expects a Fairchild taking his kingdom."

She was right.

There was no way King l/n would let someone of his blood take over the throne.

But his father would speak for him.

He will have her.

At all costs.

He lifted her chin up higher so that they were exactly face to face. "You are mine. I will not allow somebody else to take my place." He glared at her perfect face, her perfect features that he could look at all day if he had the choice to.

"Are you sure you want this." She whispered as she felt a huge amount of thrill go through her body. She felt so small as he looked at her that way.

As if they were the only two people in the room. Old hatred turning into passion for eachother.

A grin grew onto his face. "I know so darling, you are mine and I will fight hundreds of and hundreds, of army's to be with you." He inched their faces closer.

"Is that so?"

- -

A/n: I'm living for miles rn.