The World Sucks

This isn't a request.

——

Narrator

"I can't believe you right now." Y/n said as she walked into the house with her daughter. Finn following raging with anger.

"You had the audacity to shoplift and then run, and what makes it worse is you were with your friends." Finn added closer the door behind him stepping inside:

"Jesus, you two overreact about everything, it's not that big of a deal." The girl complained folding her arms. "And plus the cops let them go it was fine." She continued.

Y/n was furious and tried containing her anger and let Finn do the talking. "So that automatically gets you out of trouble does it?" Finn says eying their kid.

"Technically." She rolled her eyes. Her parents were really getting on her nerves. "No it doesn't because why we're you, dragged into there" Y/n jabbed a finger into her shoulder.

"Because I took the blame, I took the stuff and showed them that I stole it okay? Can we drop it now?" Fiona states angrily.

Y/n sighs and sits down on the couch rubbing her forehead. "And you're just stating that with pride as if it's a fucking good thing?! Fiona, we raised you in an orderly manner and you go out and do this?!" Finn raised his voice.

"It was just a couple of shirts and food! It won't kill you!" Fiona yelled back. "It just might" y/n stands up and faces her daughter. "This is going to cause a scandal on mine and your fathers name on the internet, Fiona Wolfhard gets caught stealing from target, is that really what you want under your fathers name? He and I have been working so hard for this and for your future and this is what we get it return? Come on."

"Mom, you're being dramatic, my friends are fine, I'm okay, it won't cause a scandal, and can you just ground me and be done with it already?" Fiona complains as she plops down on the couch.

Y/n and Finn eyed eachother before they both sat down on opposites side of her. "Fiona.. why do you think.. they took you, instead of you and, your friends." Y/n asks and Fiona furrows her eyebrows.

"Because I took the blame-" "When did you confess that you did it." Finn interrupts and Fiona starts thinking. "After they took me in." She says and y/n throws her arms up.

"They knew that your friends were just as involved in this as you were. But they let your friends go off." Y/n explains and the confusion on her daughters face grew more.

"But why?" She asks cluelessly. "Fiona, your friends who you were hanging out with, are white." Finn adds and she nodded. "I know but what does that have to do with.. anything?"

Y/n looked at Finn and he nodded before she placed her arm around her daughters shoulder. "Fiona, it's different for you. In fact it's different for people who look like me and you."

Fiona was so confused as to why she was talking this way but kept on listening. "You see in the real world. We're known as, aggressive, drug dealers, thief's and a lot more. Oh god so much more but none of that is true- but unfortunately that has marked us."

Finn looked down because he felt bad that he didn't know and he will never know how it feels like. "And it's because of how we look, because we're black. And you may be half white but you still resemble me. So you fall part into this hole with us too" y/n had began tearing up but wouldn't let any tears fall.

Fiona didn't know what to say except listen, she knew about racism, but she didn't know people still felt that way today.

"Someone like your friend Valerie, she could go around and tell the whole world and have this cool story saying she stole from a shop and heck maybe she's done it twice.. but you." Y/n points at their daughter.

"As soon as you say you've shoplifted, it will mark you, you are instantly known as a thief.. and it's even worse in your case because if someone finds out and posts it everyone and I mean everyone knows. And then it's no longer safe for you to walk the streets alone without getting stared at, to the point where simply holding something. Someone will think you stole it and it might cost you your own life."

Tears were now streaming down both y/n and Fiona's face, she started understanding it a lot better. Finn took Fiona into his hands and his heart broke watching her eyes glisten with tears.

"See, Valerie gets a cool 'badass' story, but you? You might end up dead. Because it takes one racist white cop. To end your life." Y/n finished and started wiping Fiona's tears. "And I don't think I could ever cope with losing you like that." Finn spoke up. "Neither could I." Y/n added.

"So please never, and I mean ever. Do that again." She spoke, their daughter instantly nodded and sniffed placing her arms on her legs. "I won't, I promise.." y/n smiled and Finn kissed Fiona's temple.

"We love you, we just want to protect you, this is part of the reason of why I want to stop you from doing so many stupid things because they could get you into serious trouble like it did today." Finn spoke sternly but calmly.

"You're still grounded, but I want you to go somewhere calm in the house and think very hard.  About what you did. And then you can come talk to us."

Fiona nodded and hugged both of her parents before standing up and walking to the back garden where the gazebo is.

Y/n watched as she walked away and wiped a lot of her own tears. Finn scooted next to her and brought her into his arms. "I am so sorry you have to deal with these my love."

Y/n turns and holds Finn's hands. "I know you are.. and I don't need you to feel sorry for me. Our priority is to protect Fiona, what happens to me, I'm used to it, I can deal with it. But her? She's only 13. She doesn't know what else is out there."

"I will always protect Fiona, I love her and you with every single fiber of my being. You two are my reason to keep going. Which is why you can keep saying that but there is nothing you can do to stop me from protecting you." Finn said that looking straight into his wife's eyes.

"I couldn't bare to lose you in a way like that. Or her" His voice broke which made y/ns heart drop. She brought him close to her and gave Finn a loving kiss.

Finn melted into the kiss and their lips moved in perfect harmony before they pulled away. "You won't lose me. Okay?"

He hesitantly nodded and looked at their daughter outside at the gazebo looking like a lot was on her mind because a lot was. "I hate the world." He says quietly and y/n chuckled laying her head softly on his shoulder.

"The world sucks."

——

A/n: this hurt so much to write, it's a real thing that should be talked about more.