Save Your Tears (2)

Ziggy

1 year later

"Don't cause trouble okay?" My mom says handing me my last empty luggage. I rolled my eyes and smiled at her, she can be a pain but I'm going to miss her.

"I won't. I'll barely talk to anyone here." I mutter the last part of that sentence but she still somehow manages to hear it. "Hey, you'll do great and while you're at it try to make some friends."

"Ha, ha, this is college mom, not middle school." She looked at me with this face, and I instantly knew what was gonna happen. "Oh no, no- no!"

She opened her arms widely and sprung them around me. "Mom, in front of the dorm rooms? Someone could pass by!" She didn't care though, as she continued hugging me.

"My little boy is growing up." She sniffles. I sighed and finally gave into her goodbye hug. We stayed like that for another couple minutes before she pulled away and wiped one of her tears.

"Visit me as often as you can Ziggy. And please for the love of god, try to focus on college instead of that podcast of yours." I rolled my eyes at her comment. "It's not a podcast, it's live-streaming." 

"Ah, same thing." She shook it off, which made me snicker. Sometimes her lack of understanding to social media baffles me. "So, before I drive back 6 hours, who's your dorm-mate?"

"Dorm-mate?" I raise my eyebrows. "Yeah, like a roommate but since it's a dorm, it's dorm-mate" I stared at my mom until I decided to ignore it and look around inside the dorm. "From the looks of it, it seems to be a girl."

She looked flabbergasted as if someone told her the most shocking news known to mankind. "They accept that here? No separate dormitories for girls and boys?"

"No.. it's the 21st century mother nobody cares about that anymore." Of course it still existed some places else, but I figure this college is just more accepting than others.

"Oh well then okay, inform me on who it is then, if she's older-" "mom! she's most likely my age, no need to worry." She laughed and tapped my shoulder. "Okay, call me as soon as you can, okay?"

I nodded and she gave me one last hug before she took off. Great, now I have to depend on myself. I sighed and walked over to the kitchen in hopes of making something to eat while I wait for the girl to come back.

All there was in the fridge were mountain due, eggs, water and jam. What the hell was I supposed to do with this. But they looked newly bought and the eggs were all stacked with no empty trays so.. I guess she's doing some shopping for groceries.

Which reminds me, I have to help her with that. I walked back to the main room and took my car keys off of the counter. I didn't really care about my appearance so I just went out like that.

I was almost done at the grocery store, all I needed to do was get some fruits and some other shit. I almost bumped into someone who was walking in my direction because I got so tired of just walking around the aisles.

"Sorry, sorry." I apologized before I attempted to walk away I saw a girl with dark purple dyed hair and a nose piercing. There were other things too, those just stood out to me.