Chapter 1

In an ancient temple on the border of China, eight old monks in red kasaya sat around a marble lotus altar. They formed a Nirvana silent seal with their hands and chanted the mantra of Amitabha Pure Land Rebirth Mantra[1].

Na mo a mi duo po ye. Duo Tuo qie duo ye. Duo di ye tuo. A mi li du po pi. A mi li duo. Xin dan po pi. A mi li duo. Xi dan po pi....[2] The abstruse scriptures, accompanied by the percussion of the wooden fish, linger in the majestic hall. The voices of the ethereal Sanskrit penetrates the air and thick brick walls and merges into the atmosphere of the vast and distant blue sky outside the hall.

In the inner corner of the hall, a tall man in a black suit knelt on a futon. His palms were pressed together, his eyes closed, and his pale lips recited scriptures with a solemn expression.

A young monk in a mahogany red kasaya, who was in his early twenties, sat beside him, as he looked at him in the dim light from the corner of his eyes.

The man's stature is very tall. He also has very healthy complexion, but his slightly purplish lips revealed the secret of his recovery from a serious illness. As early as half a year ago, there was a rumour that the man had serious heart disease and would die soon. The man's family is one of the most prominent families in the country. He is also a prodigy with extraordinary ability. At the age of 25, he surpassed his father and several uncles and took the position of head of the family. He pulled his family back from the edge of death and pushed them to the top.

The weak disappear like smoke while the strong would die like a mountain. This man's life and death determines the prosperity and decline of the family, and will also change the fate of many people. As soon as this news was spread, it attracted many people's attention. However, the man had not refuted the rumours. Instead, he completely disappeared in the public's sight.

Half a year later, when everyone thought that the man was no longer in the world and when they were ready to make moves against his family, the man suddenly appeared in a high profile and settled with those that were discontented forces very quickly. The rumours were refuted without doing anything.

But the young monk next to him knew it wasn't a rumour. Even though the monk is still young, and his cultivations were not comparable to those of the eight elders, the simple skill of face reading wasn't difficult for him. Half a year ago, the man had a face that showed he was facing death, but a year later, it disappeared, and his life span was long. However, there was a dark and ominous spirit that lingered between his eyebrows. This was a sign of being possessed.

He stole someone's predestined length of life and changed his life and fate. Thus, he was stained with the fruit of evil ah! The young monk chanted a Buddhist scripture towards the man on the TV screen.

Half a month later, when the man came to the door with the authentic Buddhist relic, the most precious treasure of Buddhism, he knew that it was not others who extended his life, but it was his younger sister. The legitimate younger twin sister of his whose blood is thicker than water. She gave her heart to her elder brother and passed away quietly.

The monks didn't want to know about the dark and dirty inside stories there were. The authentic Buddhist relics are the holiest in the temple. After it was lost two thousand years ago, they finally returned. They can't refuse any request from the man. Even if the man wanted to use the life-long cultivation of eight elders to send their younger sister to reincarnate, live a happy life in the next life, and be peaceful and happy.

The life accomplishments of the eight elders added up to four or five hundred years of fortune. How dare you, benefactor! The monk frowned at the thought.

The percussion of the wooden fish stopped, and the ethereal Sanskrit reverberated in the open hall for a long time. The strong Buddhist fragrance that diffused from the ice jade box placed in the middle of the Dharma altar was refreshing.