A strange chest and a new room

~We updated on a Sunday. What? Since when is that a thing? Anyways. I watched the new saw movie. It's good. It didn't feel very much like a saw movie but it was good. I enjoyed it. The amount of gore made up for the lack of saw vibes.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Can you get up and help me with this?" Phil asks, audibly struggling to carry a huge chest that Tommy didn't even know existed.

The chest in question was fancier, for lack of better word, than the usual chests. It kind of resembled a treasure chest of sorts.

The teen in question was lounging in the couch, not interested in helping the old man.

"Wilbur's acting weird." Tommy says, not sitting up.

"That's good, can you help me now?" Phil asks, not paying attention to what his son had said.

"Like, he's all touchy, and... nice? I don't know, he's bein' weird though and it gives me a weird feeling." Tommy says, still not making any movement to get up.

"That's nice, please help me." Phil says.

"But then again, Wilbur's always kind of been weird. Maybe it's the whole dying and then coming back thing. Maybe it fucks with the head or some shit." Tommy says, continuing the completely opposite sided conversations, neither one listening to the other.

"For fucks sake, Tom. Please help me with this." Phil says, loosing his patience.

"What do you think, Phil? Do you think Wilbur's acting weird?" Tommy asks, finally sitting up.

"Yes, not come help me." Phil says.

"At least I'm not the only one who thinks that." Tommy says, laying back down.

"What the- Tom Minecraft, get over here and help me with this damn chest before I come over there and forcibly take you off if that couch." Phil says in a stern and demanding tone.

"But, Phil." Tommy complains.

"No buts. Get over here." Phil says.

"Ugh... fine." Tommy says, finally getting up and going to help Phil with the chest. "What's in this anyways?" He asks after picking the other side up and feeling the sheer mass of it.

"None of your business." Phil says. "You'll find out eventually."

"What does that mean?" Tommy asks, almost dropping his side in disappointment.

"It means that you'll find out later, and not now." Phil says. "Now let's go, don't want to keep the president waiting."

"Oh we're going to see Tubbo?" Tommy asks. "Why didn't you say sooner? I would've gotten up a long time ago."

"I did, when I sent Ranboo to go help him get ready for this." Phil says.

"That's what you two were talking about? I thought it was something else." Tommy says.

"Something else?" Phil asks.

"Like, personal stuff. Body stuff." Tommy says the last part in a whisper.

Phil only blinks a few times, face full of disappointment. "What?"

"You know. Like- you were using words that sounded like that kind of stuff. Maybe I was half asleep and my brain was makin' shit up." Tommy  says.

"Yeah... probably." Phil says, causing a silence to fall over the two as they carry the heavy chest to the presidential building.

~~~

"And you see here... is how to put two walls together." Techno says, finishing connecting one of the walls of the new room to the house.

The three of them were currently building Toua's new room. It was on the other side of the living area from the rest of the rooms, it also connected to the bump out that was the kitchen.

It was an early hour of the morning, sun just having fully risen above the sky line, and they had been working since before the sun had even started rising.

They first built the foundation, then took the siding off of the existing outside that would become the inside, and filled in the few windows that the room now blocked.

"Cool, now do the others." Dream says, still not understanding, even after the in depth and detailed instruction Techno had given the other two.

"Maybe we should eat first, I heard your tummy rumble." Techno says, pointing at Toua.

"I am a little hungry." Toua says, not having eaten since lunch the previous day, and not sleeping since the night prior making her realize just how muck time had passed since she last ate.

"Then let's get breakfast then we can continue." Dream says, walking into the house through the new doorway.

"I think you might have to sleep on the couch again tonight before we actually get you some stuff." Techno says.

"Or, if the roof and insulation isn't done by then, she can sleep in our room. We can have a sleep over." Dream says, jumping excitedly.

Techno raises an eyebrow at the de masked man.

"Can I sleep on your rug if we do that?" Toua asks.

Techno gives her a weird look at the statement.

"What? I like the floor better than beds and the rug looks comfortable. I'd still be sleeping on the roof if you guys weren't so worried about my health." Toua says.

"Hey, I don't want you catching a cold from sleeping out in the snow." Dream says, pointing at the cat hybrid as she sat at the table.

Toua rolls her eyes at Dream's motherly instincts, while Techno can't help but smile at how cute Dream is.

________________________________________________________________________________

~kind of a shorter chapter because I didn't know what else to add. I know it wasn't that long since Toua last ate but when you're awake you really notice how hungry you are after a long period of time where when you're asleep you don't realize it because you're asleep unless you're me and you wake up several times in the night and realize every single time you wake up that you're hungry. Anyways. Hope you enjoyed :)