Chapter Ten - Bestfriend Drama

"Sorry, I only bought a one bedroom place for now." Max said, laying my bags on the floor by the tv. "But I can take the couch and you can take my bed for now."

"Awe Max, that's okay, I can sleep on the couch, I did before." I laugh. "But answer this one question...Why wouldn't we share a bed like we use to when we were young?"

He puts a hand through his hair, messy it up in the front, making me laugh. "Well I thought it would be different, you know since we both grew up and well, you look like that.."

"Wow, I have no idea if that was something good or something bad...Max your like a brother I had never had before, well Jake. We use to do everything together." I take a seat on the soft couch, I would love sleeping on this.

"Gee thanks, I think?" He says, laughing. "Do you want a drink?" He walked over to the kitchen.

"Just water please." I say, looking around the place. "You did yourself good boy." The phone started ringing.

"Hello?...Of course I would be able to do it...May I bring a friend along, Oh don't worry she ain't a big fan...Oh okay, I see. Thank you, have a great day." then he hung up.

"What was that all about?" I ask him, joining him at the kitchen counter.

"Well Golden, I have a photoshoot booked for tomorrow, wanna come with me? It will be fun, we can go in there early and sneek funny photos." He said, handing me a bottle of water.

"Just like when we were small and we had family pictures, We would never be smiling, always a funny face." Max laughed. We were close, so close, his mom took me in as a second child. My mother did the same with Max.

"Well than, it's a plan..We should hit the hay." He said, coming around the corner to stand in front of me, back facing me. "Shall we?" I laughed and jumped on his back, he carried me into his bedroom.

I told him the couch was fine but he didn't take no for a answer. I slept well that night. Only some nightmares. One was where Niall forgot all about me and didn't care any more. None of the boys cared anymore.

And that Harry sold our story and I was labed a slut. I woke up sweating. I laid back down and Tried to sleep again.

"Wake up...we have to get going." Max whispered into my ear. I mumble curse words into my pillow. Which in the end he just draggged me out.

"Fianlly you are ready." Max said, puting his bag on his shoulder.

"Well I am going out in public, I need to look good." I laugh. He takes the car keys and I lock the door. "Any way, you never told me who you are working with today anyway." I say, walking down to the car.

"And I am not going to tell you.." Max said, unnlocking the car doors. I sighed and buckled up.

~ ~ ~ ~

"How early are we?" I ask him as he unlocks the studio.

"Only about 20 minutes, at least." He says, going right for the cameras.

"Wow, this place is huge. This is bigger than your house Max!" I said, noticing a stool. Which I ran over to right away. Max just laughed. I always loved getting pictures taken. Not school pictures but pictures with my friends, having fun and laughing. I had memeries like that with Max and some other friends.

"Max come over here, I wanna take a picture. " I said, calling out to him. He clicked a few buttons before coming over. I took out my iPhone and unlocked it, going into the camera. "Just like old times..Now a nice one first." He sits on the stool and He picks me up onto his laps.

"Smile." I say through my teeth. He smiles and I snap the picture.

"Awe that's cute, You need to send that to me later." He says. "Now.." I knew what he was thinking. We both took a bunch of funny photos together, taking a few on his phone as well. We both heard the door unlock.

"Who is that?" I whisper to him. He loks at me with a smile, I was still on his laps.

"Golden, meet One Direction but you may already know them..." He says lifting me down and standing up to go over and shake their hands.My mouth dropped open.

"Hey, you will catch flies like that." Max says, laughing. I rolled my eyes.

"Max." I say walking off to the side.

"Just one second." I heard Max say to them. He ran over and grabbed my arm, spinning me around. "Don't leave, I thought you would like the surprise." He whispered. I sigh.

"Max are you kidding me?! You just let in the guy who broke my heart and the guy I spent a night with." I whipered to him. He looked at me.

"Golden.." He said, whining. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, but I am staying over there at that table in the corner. Do not ask me over." I tell him. He puts his hand over his heart, acting hurt. I could feel the boys' eyes burn against me and Max. I turn around and walk towards the table.

I need to find something to keep myself busy for a hour or more. If I knew it was them, I would have said I was sick or something. I don't know why I felt weird around them. I just do.

"Okay boys, lets get started." Max said, clapping his hands together. I sat there looking at the photos we took, seeing which ones were the best. I heard the chair in front of me pull out.

"Hey Ali." Niall said, with his heavy Irish accent. I looked up.

"Hey...I thought you were working now?" I glanced back at the other boys, there was only three there. Not counting Max.

"Yeah, Louis had to go to the rest room." Niall said, cracking a smile. I didn't return it,, I just nodded.

"Soo, How was the party?" I ask him, not looking up from my phone. He moved in his chair before answering me.

"It was fun.." Niall said, sounding like he wanted to say more but didn't.

"Niall, I get that you went to a party, but you could have told me that's why you were leaving." I said, making eye contact for the first time.

"I know, It just happened. I wasn't going to go but.." I cut him off.

"But Your date was Demi, I know I know. I can read. You have this huge crush on her." I said, smirking.

He blushed. "Well it's more to that then you think." He mumbled, messing up his hair.

"Hey Golden, can you come her for a minute." Max shouted out. I thought I told him not to ask me to come up.

"Are you Golden, cause he keeps talking about a Golden." I feel the heat rush to my cheeks. I nod and get up to help Max.

"Can I talk to you outisde for a minute?" He asks. I nod. What could this be about. I didn't do anything.

Niall's P.O.V

I watched Ali walk out with Max. Something seemed to be going on with them. Were they dating? I left the table and walked out around the corner to hear what they were talking about. I know I shouldn't do this but I needed to.

The other lads didn't notice me, they were running around with fake swords. Then I finally hear talking.

"Max, I'm in love with one of my best friends! How can you think that I would be alright. You just kinda hurt me you know! I told you all my feelings last night and you ignored them ALL!" I heard Ali shout.

She was in love with her best friend. Ali was in love with Max. My heart stopped beating. Why did this hurt me? Wait I know why this hurted me, it was because I liked Ali, I would be better for her.

Ali was my girl and I am not willing to share her. I heard no more talking, I peeked around the corner and he was holding her as she cried. Why do she love him? He is making her cry. My heart was just broken into pieces.

I was stupid and fell in love with a random girl. But that girl was Ali. I hauled out my cell phone.

"Hey Demi, Erm are you busy tonight, maybe we can catch a movie?" I whispered into the phone. They couldn't here me. "That's great, I'll pick you up at 7." Then I hung up. I took one last look at them. I saw her nod and smile.

The dream girl had left me. I turned around and went back to the lads.