Chapter Forty Nine - A Friend In Need

I rubbed the sleep out of the corner of my eyes, sitting up in the bed. I woke to see Harry was laying next to me. Maybe he was in the kitchen. I climbed out of bed and put on my pair of slippers.

"Harry?" I called out, as I walked out of the bedroom and down the hall. "Harry?" I called again, waiting for him to make a noise or call back out to me. No response.

I walked around the corner and into the dining room, looking into the kitchen. No sign of him. I glanced in the living room. Again no sign of Harry. I made a cup of tea then the phone rang. It startled me at first but I answered.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone. I noticed a piece of white paper on the kitchen counter, folded up. I looked closer, picking it up.

"Hello? Ali?" The other voice spoke on the phone. 

"Danielle?" I asked. The voice sounded like they were crying.

"Yes. Ali, I need to see you. Please." Danielle said, letting a sob out after her sentence.

"What's the matter? Are you hurt?!" I rushed my words out. She never answered but you could hear her crying.

"I just need to see you. Can you come over...now? Please." She begged.

I shut my eyes tight. I couldn't stand to see Danielle so hurt and not know why. "Of course, text me your adress and I will be there as soon as I can!" I said into the phone, hanging up quick. I ran back the the bedroom and found a shirt and a pair of jeans.

I just left my hair, throwing my night clothes on the floor. I grabbed my cellphone and wallet. I ran back out into the living room, grabbing my jacket off the couch. Then I remembered the note. 

I bite my lip as i grabbed the car keys, leaving the note on the counter untouched. By the time I was into the car, I had Danielle's address.

~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I parked the car. It was very easy to tell I wasn't parked straight into her driveway. I sammed the door shut, running up to her front door. I started Knocking fast against the wooden door.

Danielle opened the door half way, then just walked away. I walked inside, closing the door behind me.

"Danielle? Danielle?!" I said as i took off my jacket and shoes, tossing them to the side. 

"Are you hurt?" I whispered as I walked over to her, grabbing her, looking at her red puffy eyes.

She nodded, tears rolling down her eyes.

"What hurts, Dani?" I whispered.

"...My heart." She whispered, her voice weak. "...Liam" 

I stared at her. I then knew what she meant. "Danielle.." Was all I said to her as she shook her head, crying harder.

I then pulled her in for a hug, letting her cry through it. She needed to clam down before she told me what happened.

About an hour later, she stopped crying and was lying on the couch. I made her a cup of nice hot tea.

"When ever you feel ready to tell me the story-" She cut me off before I finished.

"I'm ready, just let me ..you know." She sighed, I nodded. She started to explain.

"Liam and I weren't on the best terms with each other for 2-3 weeks now. We would go days without talking, not making an effort to do so also." She took a breath. "We both seemed to annoy each other often, things being tense."

She sipped on her tea. "We has gotten closer, spending more time with his friend, Sophia. Well they were caught holding hands and.. At the after party, they were snapped kissing in the photo booth."