Chapter Fourteen - Your New God

When Elizabeth and Sam pulled up outside of the building, a blindingly bright white light poured through every window, only lasting three or so seconds before dying out again.
"That can't be good." Elizabeth sighed.
"I'll go in first. I have a feeling Cas won't hesitate to kill you if you went in before me." Sam suggested.
"Sam, you're barely on your feet. You have God only knows what going on inside your head. You're not fit to fight." Elizabeth protested.
"I don't care. That's my brother in there." He replied.
"You're all my family too, Sam. Blood doesn't mean anything and you know it. I'm stronger than you on your best day. Let me go first." The Vampire huffed.
Sam cupped the side of her face in his hand and pulled her in for a hard, passion-fueled kiss.
"We go together." He mumbled against her mouth.

"You don't need this kinda juice anymore, Cas. Get rid of it before it kills us all." Dean's voice was heard down the corridor.
Sam and Elizabeth stood by the door to the morgue they were in, hiding behind its wall.
Elizabeth put her finger to her lips.
Sam nodded, slowly moving forward once he'd checked that Castiel was facing away from them.
He noticed an Angel blade on the floor, so shifted as silently as possible to go and grab it.
"You're just saying that because I won." Castiel said. "Because you're afraid. You're not my family, Dean. I have no family."
Sam lunged, stabbing Castiel straight through the back.
Elizabeth stood in the doorway with her hands over her mouth in shock.
Dean and Bobby didn't look much better.
Everyone watched the Angel in dangerous anticipation.
Castiel didn't move – didn't fall. He didn't do anything for a few moments.
But then, he reached behind him pulled the blade out of himself.
"I'm glad you made it, Sam. Even you, Elizabeth." He said, turning round to face them. "The Angel blade won't work. Because I'm not an Angel anymore - I'm your new God - a better one. So you will... Bow down and profess your love unto me; your lord. Or I shall destroy you."
"Well... Alright then." Bobby sighed, lowering himself to his knees. "Is this good? Or do you want the whole 'forehead to the carpet' thing?"
He ushered the other three to do the same, since they were just stood there frozen to the spot.
Dean was the first to go, then Sam. Elizabeth simply stood there, refusing to bow down to the Angel even if it meant her death.
The boys didn't even reach their knees when Castiel told them to stop.
They looked up at him, confused.
"What's the point if you don't mean it?" He asked. "You fear me. Not love, not respect, just fear."
Sam moved towards him with pleading eyes.
"Cas..."
"Sam, you have nothing to say to me, you've stabbed me in the back." Castiel interrupted before turning to Bobby. "Get up."
The older man did as told.
"Cas, come on... This is not you." Dean begged.
"The Castiel you knew is gone." The would-be God told him.
"So, what then? Kill us?" Dean argued.
"What a brave little ant you are." Castiel gave a small smile. "You know you're powerless, you wouldn't dare move against me again - that would be pointless. So I have no need to kill you. Not now. Besides, once you were my favourite pets, before you turned and bit me."
"Who are you?" Dean asked.
"I am God. And if you stay in your place, you may live in my kingdom. If you rise up, I will strike you down." Castiel replied, turning to the younger brother. "Not doing so well are you, Sam?"
Everyone's gaze turned on the Winchester, who looked as though he were about to vomit.
"Sam?" Elizabeth frowned, moving towards him.
She placed one hand on his forearm, the other on his diaphragm to steady him.
"I'm fine." He replied, clearing his throat before addressing the rest of the room. "I'm fine."
He rather clearly wasn't.
He weaved his fingers into Elizabeth's on his chest, giving her a small nod of reassurance.
"You said you'd fix him - you promised!" Dean growled to his former friend.
"If you stood down, which you hardly did." Castiel almost smirked. "Be thankful for my mercy. I could have cast you back into the pit."
"Cas , come on. This is nuts. You could turn this around, please!" Dean begged.
"I hope for your sake this is the last you see me." Castiel told him.
He then just... Disappeared.
Everyone looked around at each other, not really knowing what to say.
But then Elizabeth smelt blood.
She looked up at Sam as he buckled over slightly, his nose dripping warm, crimson liquid.
She repositioned herself to hold him up.
"Sam, are you okay?" Dean asked, walking over to him.
"He's done too much." Elizabeth sighed, turning back to the man in her grasp. "I told you this would be too much."
Sam's eyes shut tight. He pushed the Vampire away as he fell to his knees, cutting his hand on some broken glass on the floor.
Elizabeth took a step back, not trusting herself. The bloody nose was one thing, but this was a lot more. The connection she and Sam shared made his blood smell so much sweeter. It was almost irresistible.
"'Liza?" Bobby frowned.
"I, uh..." She breathed, still backing away. "I need to get out of here."
Bobby looked around quickly, spying the jar of dog's blood Castiel had used to trick Crowley with.
He grabbed it and handed it to her.
"It's not much, but juice yourself up. We can't have you vamping out."
Elizabeth nodded, taking it from him.
She gulped it down fast, gasping out for air by the end.
She slammed the jar down on a nearby table, grimacing at the taste.
"I think I'm okay." She panted, giving them a nod. "But we still need to get out of here."
She moved back over to Sam, putting his arm over her shoulders to help him out of the building.