Divorce Manual

By wth_kc

Having lived as a small citizen of the Republic of Korea, I was somehow reborn as a supporting character in a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127

Chapter 7

5.7K 181 13
By wth_kc

"It's been a long time since I've prepared something you like."

Before I even reach the entrance of Lian Garden, I welcome Catherine's face with a smile. "I'm looking forward to it."

Seeing that she is particularly elated, she probably has prepared something that Abella disliked.

Hmmm... Of all the things that Abella hated, which did she hate the most?

As I sit in my seat, pondering over it, I could see longships far beyond the horizon. The ships, which are moving up and down along the coastline, maintaining a constant line, are Lapel's reconnaissance ships. Sometimes they serve as lighthouses to lead other ships back to shore after fishing out.

They're so cool.

I lean my chin on my hands as I stare at the round stern.

Perhaps because the Nordican roots of Lapel are placed in the sea in the first place, most of the Lapel's inhabitants are good at fishing and ship manufacturing.

They know how to live with the sea, so they are distinctly different from other areas bordering the coastline.

They're also not stupid enough to fight the sea and try to conquer it.

Fighting with nature is something that even modern times don't do.

Strangely enough, after Charles' death, there were people who wanted to conquer Lapel. It was revealed at the end of the novel that it was because of the precious minerals buried in the waters of Lapel.

When Charles died, who was Lapel handed over to?

Frankly speaking, there was a very lengthy description of what came out of the mineral, and what was wrong with the magic stones.

However, I can't remember because I only glanced over it since I didn't have much love for the heroine during that arc to continue the story.

Well, people read romance novels to see the protagonists' love story, not to see them shoveling for magical minerals, right?

Now, it's a little different.

I have to take a look at it.

It's important, expensive, and precious. It's also a reason why they'll be fighting over it.

Thinking about the blurry backstory of Asrai, I stare blankly at the longships cross the sea.

"You have been waiting for a long time."

The maids carry out roasted lamb from the kitchen.

The greasy, sizzling brown meat oozes out on the plate.

Aha. Is that meat?

Of course it is.

Abella didn't like meat very much. It was also not a food that she often encountered. Since she had little contact with it, she was not use to it. Once, she couldn't finish it all and threw up.

You know Abella's food preference yet still put lamb on top. Our Catherine, you're very angry, aren't you?

It seems that my earlier offense toward her has great effect.

Previously, she would insult Abella once or twice in public, then afterward, run to Charles and inform to him of Abella's reaction. Of course, she couldn't do it too often and therefore, started to pick out the things that Abella hated. It was a smart way of tormenting her while taking advantage of Abella's temperament of not fighting back.

Oh my God, you're childish.

However, I am a fan of meat.

Wah, it's fragrant.

I turn my head with a look of satisfaction when I see food filling up the table.

Catherine says, with a smile that reminds me of a snake, "The cook must have been busy trying to make sure that you build up your strength."

"Of course."

Catherine laughs, pointing to the food. "You should eat well so you can get well soon. Although the Healing God has cast a spell on you, you must eat all of it well to get better."

Wow, look at you.

In an attempt to put even more pressure on me, she even repeats, "You have to eat it all."

When I was in Korea, I didn't know many wicked people.

Yet here...the children of Satan are everywhere, and they need to be defeated.

"Yes, thank you."

I smile bitterly and hold up my fork. "Tell the cook I'll eat well, Catherine."

"Yes, madam."

Sighing, I cut a little bit of the lamb and put it into mouth.

As I chew it as if I am trying to blow out smoke, like I'm feeling nauseous, I could see Catherine's eyes heading toward the maids behind me.

Maybe she thought this would be my first and last bite.

But—I once again wrinkle my forehead with a deep sigh, slice the lamb and put it in my mouth. The tenderness of the lamb, which practically melts in the mouth, oozes out with its juice.

It's delicious.

The rich flavor at the tip of the tongue, like the aftertaste, shows that this the best, young lamb.

Maybe Catherine would have eaten this if I didn't finish it.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to have such luxurious ingredients to eat without Charles.

Thanks to him, I'm able to eat this well.

The fresh salad on the side is also cut and put into the mouth.

Is this lemon juice?

I think she sprayed lemon juice on purpose to prevent Abella from eating, but I rather like how refreshing my mouth feels.

Then, I decide that I should at least leave one of Abella's tastes alone.

"Hoo."

Sighing, I push the salad bowl forward slightly. Then I cut the lamb, frowning as if I couldn't eat it.

"Ha—"

At first, I cut the end slightly, but now, I put the knife on the side where the juice is.

"... ..."

I could feel the maids who came in to wait on me exchanging glances among themselves, along with Catherine's stiff expression.

This is ridiculous.

It's painful.

I purposely pick out foods that I couldn't touch, but I ate them so well.

Just like when I woke up.

Didn't they tell me to eat breakfast like an emperor?

Of course, I don't think the emperor would eat like this.

I frown, and with a shrug, continue to unhappily cut the meat.

"Hmm." I put the shredded meat into my mouth to munch. This lamb has a very different flavor.

Wow, this is really good.

Shivering all over, I wanted to express this delicious taste to everyone because this savory meat is so juicy, and tender that beef can't even compare.

It's so delicious!

If I were in Korea, I would have wiggle my shoulders and waved my hands up and down, but what I can do now is, I can only laugh because I'm the one who shouldn't be able to eat this food.

"Ha—"

It's so hard to hold back the excitement, especially since I have been munching deliciously but have to make a bad expression instead. It's very difficult have a distaste for it, even though I ate it all up without leaving a trace behind.

"Ha..."

This is so delicious! It's the best!

Sigh—I'm full.

Let's sit down in the bedroom, and pats my belly since it was such a satisfactory meal.

A young maid, who stands guard after the other maids have fled because of the earlier morning's fuss, asks bluntly. "Would you like some tea?"

Did you say Pope?

I always remember that she does chores that others were reluctant to do.

Abella also remembered her as such. Though blunt, Abella has been treated well at least on the day Pope served.

"Yes, thank you."

"Yes."

From Abella's memory, Pope's nodding her head with a blunt expression turns familiar, making me laugh.

To be honest, she's a much more comfortable presence because she's more sincere. However, Pope doesn't seem to care about my assessment of her.

"This is the new tea leaf."

With a no nonsense look on her face, she puts the teacup on the table. Other maids used to shake their hands, as if they were possessed of tea leaves that were more expensive than gold powder, but Pope's very calm.

Adding expensive sugar is also without problem.

I'm quite satisfied.

"Your grace."

"Ah, yes."

"We couldn't add the milk today because there's a problem with it."

"Ah."

I'm disappointed to hear that there's no milk because I was quite looking forward to black tea with milk and sugar.

I can't help it.

It isn't something that I could always take out of the refrigerator like in Korea.

"Okay."

The moment I raise my hand to hold a cup of tea, swallowing my regret, something happens.

"Huh?"

Somehow I feel pain running from my neck to my shoulders.

Why, am I sick?

.

.

.

.

Note: Longships were seagoing vessels made and used for trade, exploring, and raiding.

I really thought she was poisoned by Pope. What great irony would that have been... Lol.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 162 26
I'm Yamato Kusuo! A former 19 year old college student. I was told by some sketchy gods I went into a coma. Don't ask me I don't remember why.. I was...
25.2K 963 29
Olivia was your average 18 year old girl. Keyword, 𝙬𝙖𝙨, until she drowned in a lake and woke up in a crappy novel her friend recommended to her. ...
27.3K 1.1K 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
14.4K 1K 12
Dropped into a novel she once read right next to the female lead?! What is Rose to do when the female lead keeps getting her into trouble. "I'm not...