Chapter 28

After I barely manage an exhale, the child's purple eyes look straight at me.

"Yes, Leo. Where is Ergel now?"

"On the ranch."

Of all people, Ergel is the only one who can calm him.

"Then Leo..."

"Yes?"

"Go ahead and get Ergel. Then come back together. Don't say anything. Go quickly."

As I'm speaking, Leo busily looks somewhere behind me.

"... ... ."

His entire body trembles nervously, resembling a growling animal holding onto its tail.

"Leo?"

I move my head slightly to see where the child's eyes are pointing at, but there's nothing. When I look back, there's no Leo.

"What? I hope I didn't see a ghost."

I turn my head, smiling.

"Wife!"

At the end of my roaming eyes, I see Medusa walking toward me in the distance.

He has a cold, sharp expression that looks like it could cut things at any moment.

.

.

"What about Dr. Lejan?"

"He will be arriving soon."

"Tell him to hurry."

"Yes."

Can you tell someone to come sooner when they're already on their way? Not unless they learn how to teleport.

Rather, I want you to stop behaving this way.

I think that will be a great help.

Was it necessary for you to bring all the people of Lapel Castle to me, who is already embarrassed and sick from falling down like this?

I wanted to ask, 'What's so serious about this?', but it really hurts so I'll keep my mouth shut.

In addition, the expression of Evangeline smiling from behind.

Whew—

The pain's so severe that other sensations becomes even more sensitive.

Maybe I have psychic powers? Because I can hear and see things better. Charles' expression, for example, is more detailed than usual.

"It looks very painful."

It's still a cold and stiff expression, but there's a look in his eyes that seems to be worried about me?

No, you weren't like this. Don't break your character anymore, just—

"Your Excellency, um..."

I want to say, 'Go away', but I can't remember which muscle is used for speaking and which is for breathing.

Sigh, I'd rather pass out.

Abella, who rolled on the stairs that day, was unconscious on the spot because she broke all the joints of her body, but I just cracked a bone.

Am I insane?

Aish.

This is crazy.

What is it?

As soon as I see Charles with an anxious expression, along with an increasing number of stares from the onlookers, I want to abandon him.

"Curtis, would he be this late if I was the one injured?"