Chapter 7

"It's been a long time since I've prepared something you like."

Before I even reach the entrance of Lian Garden, I welcome Catherine's face with a smile. "I'm looking forward to it."

Seeing that she is particularly elated, she probably has prepared something that Abella disliked.

Hmmm... Of all the things that Abella hated, which did she hate the most?

As I sit in my seat, pondering over it, I could see longships far beyond the horizon. The ships, which are moving up and down along the coastline, maintaining a constant line, are Lapel's reconnaissance ships. Sometimes they serve as lighthouses to lead other ships back to shore after fishing out.

They're so cool.

I lean my chin on my hands as I stare at the round stern.

Perhaps because the Nordican roots of Lapel are placed in the sea in the first place, most of the Lapel's inhabitants are good at fishing and ship manufacturing.

They know how to live with the sea, so they are distinctly different from other areas bordering the coastline.

They're also not stupid enough to fight the sea and try to conquer it.

Fighting with nature is something that even modern times don't do.

Strangely enough, after Charles' death, there were people who wanted to conquer Lapel. It was revealed at the end of the novel that it was because of the precious minerals buried in the waters of Lapel.

When Charles died, who was Lapel handed over to?

Frankly speaking, there was a very lengthy description of what came out of the mineral, and what was wrong with the magic stones.

However, I can't remember because I only glanced over it since I didn't have much love for the heroine during that arc to continue the story.

Well, people read romance novels to see the protagonists' love story, not to see them shoveling for magical minerals, right?

Now, it's a little different.

I have to take a look at it.

It's important, expensive, and precious. It's also a reason why they'll be fighting over it.

Thinking about the blurry backstory of Asrai, I stare blankly at the longships cross the sea.

"You have been waiting for a long time."

The maids carry out roasted lamb from the kitchen.

The greasy, sizzling brown meat oozes out on the plate.

Aha. Is that meat?

Of course it is.

Abella didn't like meat very much. It was also not a food that she often encountered. Since she had little contact with it, she was not use to it. Once, she couldn't finish it all and threw up.

You know Abella's food preference yet still put lamb on top. Our Catherine, you're very angry, aren't you?

It seems that my earlier offense toward her has great effect.

Previously, she would insult Abella once or twice in public, then afterward, run to Charles and inform to him of Abella's reaction. Of course, she couldn't do it too often and therefore, started to pick out the things that Abella hated. It was a smart way of tormenting her while taking advantage of Abella's temperament of not fighting back.

Oh my God, you're childish.

However, I am a fan of meat.

Wah, it's fragrant.