Chapter 115

The moment I recognize my worst reality, the awkward silence that fell weighs on me like eons.

Should I just take it back?

But if that happens, it will be difficult to bring this issue up again.

He was against evacuating the villagers, so everyone looked at the situation as if it was a very trivial matter.

But in the novel, Cadensha was portrayed like a very ferocious dragon from a legend.

The Cadensha he is talking about seems like a really insignificant monster. It's a threat, but it isn't ferocious enough to be dangerous?

"Thank you for your concern, but if you really evacuate the villagers because of Cadensha, they will laugh at you."

I heard that one shot from Cadensha's front paw could kill you.

"Isn't Cadensha a very ferocious and scary monster?"

"It's ferocious, but it's not the monster you think it is."

"It also breathes fire."

"It won't be able to breathe fire."

"It is said that if you do not find the heart and stab it, it will never die because it has steel-like skin that even a knife cannot pierce."

"All monster-class demons can only die if their heart is stabbed. Cadensha's skin prickly when it's stabbed."

"Then, if you cut its head, its head will be regenerated right away."

"There is no such thing."

Seeing Charles shaking his head resolutely, I bite the soft flesh inside my mouth.

What is going on?

Even though Charles is not one to bluff, why is the way Charles describing Cadesha differs from the one described so atrociously in the novel?

Is my memory wrong?

I tilt my head, wondering if I had read it incorrectly.

"Is Cadensha the only monster that appeared in Condel Mountains?"

"I heard that the only monster-class is Cadensha."

Then, is there another trap?

"...Really?"

His answer doesn't relieve me at all.

I don't have a good feeling about this.

However, I don't know how to explain this bad feeling, so I can only stare at him.

The corners of his lips curl up slightly, really, very slightly, at my gazing, as our eyes fiercely locked like we're having a staring contest.

I narrow my eyes at him.

"I know what you are concerned about, but—"

"You don't know."

I shake my head, rubbing my temple, when he tries to tell me how I feel.

"You can't even imagine."

I add.

Normally, I wouldn't have said anything.

It's clear that I'd only have thoughts about this, but now, the story has changed.

What will happen if Kyle or Abigail saves the villagers and gets acknowledged, but the situation isn't as significant?

What happens after that might be an experiment to see how things would change.

Because it's a really short episode.

"What if... it's not only Cadensha?"

"The knights are still dispatched."

"Even if the knights are dispatched, it might become impossible to subdue the monsters. What if not only Cadensha but other demons go crazy, too?"

"......"

"Or maybe Cadensha could evolve and turn into a fire-breathing and ferocious one?"

This is my assumption that I know because I've read the novel.

Unless the author lied, a monster named Cadensha is a more heinous one than Charles thinks.

"Maybe I'm overreacting. I might even be laughed at, but it's still not completely safe. It can definitely be dangerous."

"......"

Even with my pleading, he doesn't even budge.

Are you thinking it over?

I let out a long sigh as I look into Charles's unfamiliar gaze.

Will it not work?

As expected, I chew on my lip, thinking whether it's the norm to follow the novel, but at the same time, there's confusion in me.

My heart does not want to give up.

If nothing else, people's lives are at stake.

Knowing that, I can't keep my eyes shut and pretend I don't know that they'll die.

It's also because they are beings who do not necessarily have to die for the progress of this novel.

'This man in front of me is a little different.

If I think about it differently, there is no problem in living together as a villainous pair.

It's because Kyle doesn't have to kill Charles to become the crown prince and then later, an emperor.

Why did he have to be killed? Except for the fact that Charles just likes Abigail and that he is a threat to the imperial power...

Is that the strongest motive?

A bitter smile shows up on my lips.

It was Kyle who had no qualms about the death of his political opponent.

That's when I remember that everything had happened to Kyle was nothing more than a tool for his imperial power—

Right, where the children were hiding...

I recall that the children have survived in that village.

If it's a place where villagers hid their children, wouldn't it be necessary to close to the village for evacuation?

They just have to hide there.

Convinced that it's a very good idea, I look at Charles with his round eyes and swallow a dry breath.

"Then, let's do this."

Divorce Manualजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें