Chapter 125

"If His Excellency is in the mountains, then Your Grace's method might work."

To my suggestion, Hortman nods positively.

I wonder if the range of the radio wave is wider than I thought, or if Charles and I were to be in the same mountain range, the jewels would be connected to each other.

At least, the cause is justified.

What I need now is my acting skills.

The shamelessness I will show once I go near an isolated place and find Charles by chance.

However—

"Then, Sir Hortman, would you like me to wear this?"

As if to sabotage my plans, the Third Guard's captain, Karim, turns toward Hortman.

"It is too dangerous for Your Grace to go directly."

"....."

"His Excellency wouldn't want—"

"Oh, that's very reasonable, but unfortunately, that's not possible."

Hortman stops Karim and shakes his head.

"I understand what you mean, but it won't work even if you wear it because this only connects Her Grace and His Excellency."

"..."

With that said, Hortman, who's been staring at me, hurriedly turns his head away and coughs vainly.

"It is very sensitive because it is made with the blood of the owners of each bracelet."

Blood?

Since Hortman's story is in line with my intentions, I listen to it without much thought and look back.

What do you mean by 'blood'?

I look at the bracelet and then at Hortman after hearing what he said for the first time.

I've never provided blood.

I stare at Hortman, wondering when my blood got in there.

As if avoiding my gaze, Hortman slyly glances away.

"Blood, Hortman?"

"......"

"I never gave you anything like that."

"Hmm, maybe you have."

Don't scour your memories at Hortman's coughing—

"It doesn't matter now. We'll discuss this later."

Shaking my head, I return to what I had originally intended to do.

"That means I have to go there myself."

"But Your Grace, Condel Mountains are too dangerous. Even now, Cadensha is going crazy. In such a place—"

"Then, what shall we do? If it's like this, how are you going to find Your Excellency, Lord Lüben?"

"No matter what we do... "

"What are you going to do? Aren't you unable to take action because you haven't found His Excellency?"

Karim, who has a hardened expression at the cold rebuke, bows his head, chewing on his lips.

I relax my shoulders to soften my emotions a little bit at his disheartening.

"It's not that I'm scolding you. I'm just saying that for now, it's best if I go."

"......"

"In the current state, we cannot remove the outer garrison. You can't go to Condel with all the guards since they're protecting the castle. Otherwise, you'd have to ask for help from the imperial family or the neighboring estates, and honestly, I don't know how quickly the imperial family can provide any help in a time of emergency."