Chapter 27

Edgar glances at Charles yawning, then at Lenin, who's standing behind Charles, and smiles. He likes to think that Charles yawning frequently these days is because of his advice.

"You look tired these days, your Excellency."

Of course, it's not something that should be mentioned directly, but his mouth got too excited and did not have enough self-control even when Charles directs his gaze toward him.

"I guess I couldn't sleep."

"... ... ."

"What did you do?"

Chuckling, Edgar's eyes moves quickly as if looking for a comrade who would sympathize with his words.

"... ... ."

No one in the room shares his view.

"Haha."

Like a faintly, disappearing laughter, Edgar, who now wants to disappear from this place, stops laughing and turns attention back to the document he was looking at.

It's then that Charles' annoyed stare turns to Curtis.

"You said that you have something to report."

Curtis, who has been waiting for Charles all along, pushes up his glasses and approaches him.

"The princess said she would stay at Lapel for a while before returning to the capital in a few days."

"I knew it."

Clicking his tongue, Charles' one eyebrow slightly distorts.

"And Catherine has been temporarily hired as Evangeline's maid. She now stays in the castle."

"... It's so annoying that I think I'll die."

Curtis coughs silently at Charles' brief comment.

"My wife didn't say anything?"

"No, she just found out about it."

There must have been nothing more that she could do or say in such situation because it was him who decided so.

"I completely overturned her orders."

Charles runs his hands through his hair with a solemn expression, feeling that he has just destroyed the hard earned authority that she had worked hard to get.

To be honest, it didn't matter to him whether or not she was in that situation before.

To be even more honest, he didn't want to pay much attention even now.

If only the word divorce didn't come out of her mouth.

You never cared about it.

Regardless, he can't get divorced right now because there are far more benefits in maintaining the marriage than getting divorce.

I've just kicked them out.

He shakes his head, thinking about the all troubles he'll have with the women of the Diago family who would come knocking if he's to divorce.

It's already annoying that Evangeline is here—No, I can't.

It's much easier to soothe Abella and make her happy by meeting her demands as much as possible, but for some reason, something keeps bothering him.

Even though he does everything she wants and does them well, he overcomes with annoyance because her decision has not changed—

It's annoying. Why the hell are you not giving up on the divorce and frustratingly begs for it?