Chapter 104

Kolchar Street.

Nicknamed the 'Road of the Nobility', this busy street seems to be roughly equivalent to Garosu-gil or a luxury street in modern terms.

(T/N: 가로수길, aka Garosu-gil, is a busy street lined with trees such as Sinsa-dong Garosu-gil in Korea. It's an actual place. Lol)

There are many clothing shops and signs of jewelry stores are everywhere. The trees planted at an appropriate distance from each street dazzle in the sunlight.

There, a sweet and savory smell from somewhere passes the tip of my nose.

It's a mixture of scents, including flowers and some perfume.

It's nice!

Instead of feeling disgusting, I like it very much.

Surrounded by all kinds of glitter, it's perfect for elevating my mood.

Just walking around this street all day will give my heart the satisfaction it needs.

"Isn't that His Majesty, the Duke of Diago?"

Except for the stinging gaze towards the monk-like man standing next to me.

"Oh my god, is it really the duke?"

People seem excited about the fact that he, who doesn't usually show his face in the capital, has appeared in a downtown area.

"What brings him to Kolchar? Did he come with his wife?"

People stop on their way and look at Charles and me.

They want to quietly observe.

However, unlike the admirable gaze towards him, the reaction towards me is only coldness.

Looks like the rumors have already spread.

I guess so.

Because in aristocratic society, nothing is more sinful than being an illegitimate child.

With that in mind, at least I can go out with Charles like this.

The baron must be miserable.

There's no limit to the lies around the questions being asked from all sides, but he cannot even contact or meet with the duchess who will tell him the circumstances of the incident.

You must be nervous.

Seeing that, I honestly feel that Evangeline did a good job.

As I've mentioned earlier, I am not affected by this situation. It doesn't hurt me but rather, it's just something annoying that happened.

However, it's a completely different thing for that family.

(T/N: she means the baron family)

Not only does that parasitic family live in this world, but they also have tasted a little bit of the power they've gained, thanks to Abella.

Now that this situation has come to pass, he's afraid that he will lose that little power.

That's great.

I look up at Charles with a bashful smile, wanting to give a loud clap.

"Where are we going first?"

"Let's go to the bank."

"Alright."

As I'm nodding my head toward the road ahead,

"Wait, Abella."

He reaches out toward me and corrects my slightly crooked hat as I'm getting off the wagon.

"That's good now."

Charles then pulls back slightly to make sure it is all right, then smiles as he takes my hand.

"!"

At that moment, I strangely feel as if everything has stopped, including the wind.

Then, Charles looks down at me with a smile on his face and puts my hand on his arm.

"Let's walk to the bank."

"..."

"It's not as difficult to walk in the capital as Lapel Estate."

Charles takes a step forward, diligently explaining the reason for his actions.

As I follow his movements and walk slowly, somehow my heart speeds up.

It's because the weather is so good.

It's because I have the envy of people.

I bite my lip while trying to memorize a spell that'd shake off the current situation.

However—

This is driving me crazy.

Still, my heart beats erratically without even thinking about it.

Aside from the cool wind, my hand that's being held by him somehow feels like it's placed on a heat pack.

Let's raise my head as I breathe out.

"Hmm?"

From afar, I can clearly see Evangeline trying to run away even though our eyes have met.

I glance at Charles and then at her back, which is completely different from when she triumphantly raised voice in front of me before, with her tail in between her legs.

"Evangeline, right?"

"I think so."

"Doesn't it look like she's running away?"

"Looks like it."

It's so obvious that she doesn't want to run into me.

"Oh my, Lady Evangeline!"

I loudly call out to her.

Again, Evangeline's back gets further away as if she hasn't heard me.

"Princess Evangeline Diago!"

I call her Princess and wave my hand.

Maybe it's because I raise my voice so that she knows that I had called, but even the people in front of Evangeline look back.

"..."

At last, Evangeline turns her head around and looks at my waving hand. She reluctantly smiles and waves back.

As he leans slightly toward me with a soft smile, Charles whispers quietly.

"Isn't that a bit cruel?"

Then he, too, lightly waves at Evangeline.

We look like a couple of friendly brothers and sisters meeting their younger sister.