Chapter 124

I am going through a huge emotional, tsunami-like storm

Right, I don't know if you'd call me a sweet potato for something like this.

(T/N: calling someone a sweet potato means to call them frustrating and nonsense).

Since I know everything about this situation, I can't judge it myself.

I'm scared.

It makes me want to run away.

On the other hand, if I save Charles using what I know, wouldn't it be a happy ending for the both of us?

That's how I also feel.

If Charles likes me right now, then there's no need to worry about him falling for Abigail...

I'd only need to stay with Charles.

Then, the two of us could live happily together.

On the other hand, the question is whether this damn novel would keep Charles and me alive.

The situation is changing little by little, but anyway, to follow the major events of the story...

"Hah!"

I'm dying...

My mind feels like it's overloaded and will explode anytime.

I've thought about it at least a dozen times in a day, and my emotions jump at least hundreds of times.

"Whew."

While things are being frustrating, Charles's departure date is approaching, being only a day away.

Knock, knock.

"Can I come in?"

After the sound of knocking, half of his body has already entered the room.

I smile and nod my head.

"Thank you."

"Thanks—"

Charles closes the door right in front of Edgar who's about to follow him in.

Hearing an "Ah!", it's obvious that he has banged his nose against the door.

I cringe, imagining myself feeling the same pain as him.

"..."

As if he's under some absurd possessiveness, he even locks the door, and then strides into the bedroom and stands in front of me.

The figure of him standing tall with his hands behind his back—

He's a child.

He somewhat looks like that, too.

I hold back my laughter because while he's taller than Leo, he looks young.

So, if a man is not a child,