Chapter 3

Despite Charles' shocked and distorted look, my mouth doesn't stop talking. "Have you never thought that?"

"Mhm..."

"You should look at the mirror again."

Charles' expression with his mouth opened as if he's drawing a perfect contrast with my smiling face turns drastic in real time, but it doesn't matter much.

I'm rather angry at what he said.

Yes, I'd like to say let's get a divorce.

I wish I could say it because it's all I want.

But, he says, "Right," as if it's to calm down the anger that has been rising in himself.

"—Yes, I can do that." He then accepts my words with a nod and a long sigh. "It's because looking too handsome can be repulsive to some people. Yes, I understand."

Of course, it's his own interpretation.

Are words being filtered in your ears?

If not, how can he stand to say such ridiculous words?

"Ah. Yes."

I nod perfunctory because I didn't want to respond to his pride with a laugh.

"What?"

Don't say anything. If I do, I have to stop myself.

As soon as he's about to put the plump claws in his mouth, he asks, "Is that all?"

I put my hand down at his question. The thought of will you divorce me if I bring you any other reason crosses my mind for about 0.1 seconds.

He asks. "Do you need another reason?"

"... ..."

"If you're really just trying to get a divorce for that reason, you will ruin your face."

No?

For a bit, my heart pounds with anticipation,

"You'll adjust."

"... ..."

" I can't get divorced because I'm too handsome."

...What?

At that moment, I'm dumbfounded as if someone has hit me on the back of my head.

Are you serious? From beginning to end, you don't seem to be joking, given your face is serious all the time. Isn't it worse if you're serious? If so, do handsome people not have any humility about themselves?

The impudence of saying, I'm very handsome, very, very handsome.

I can't believe that he can say this with a straight face.

That's amazing cause I wouldn't even say anything like that if I'm to die.

Looking at his face after he spoke without any modesty, "Whoo—" I breathe in softly and avoid eye contact. I wanted to shake my head, but I hold myself back.

Honestly, I wanted to ask why can't I get a divorce just because you're handsome, but the moment I mention it, I think the conversation will become longer, so I stay quiet.

Today's goal is to finish the meal quickly and safely. I don't want his good looks to appear in my head anymore. Therefore, I will look straight at him in the face one more time.

Then I'll get used to it.

Besides, he's just saying what he's been thinking all his life.