Chapter 38

Outside my door—

"You're being a little bit—I'm scared..."

The voice of Lejan is heard very quietly.

Perhaps I'm being a little too hard on him.

"If you don't do this, Charles will keep coming!"

I use the excuse of being involved in things that I didn't want to be involved with as an excuse to harass Lejan into giving in.

No, to be more precise, Charles hasn't done much, but I couldn't live the stress from seeing him.

Last time, he came and sat in front of me, but I kept thinking back to the moment when he held me up and made my heart pounded.

Whenever I remember that moment, my soul feels like it has ascended to the heaven above. Even if he's not in front of me, I can still imagine the after shock of being held in his arms.

If he appears in front of me, I might really die.

Yes, I don't want to have a heart disease.

After all, it's dangerous.

I have been too confident. I might be a fool but at least, I was sure that I don't fall in love easily.

That said, I was too confident—

There won't be a problem.

I'm not like him, saying words like he's reading off lines from sheets of paper with that handsome face of his.

I don't need to overthink. I don't think I'll—

'I like you!'

It's a dangerous thought because it's something that I could see myself saying.

This body has the soul of Abella, who had an unrequited love for Charles since the beginning. Therefore, I've often doubted my heartbeats for Charles, not knowing if they were from me or her.

It seems that I've already known.

I can't have fallen so easily.

In addition, his way of approaching while exclaiming that he wouldn't divorce made me wonder if he likes me.

No, of course not.

No, even if that happens, he will meet the love of his life soon.

It's going to happen, isn't it? Then this will become a love has an end.

What if this becomes the only love that I'll know?

What a load of third-rated melodrama.

Honestly, while people break up when a relationship is done, there are also cases where people stay with each other for years after years even though they should break up.

I've wondered what that would be like. Thoughts like staying with him, then going to the capital, then filing an application for divorce and finally, fall off the the grid were just thoughts I had in the moment.

Unlike Abella, I don't have the confidence to watch Charles going crazy over Abigail under any circumstances.

If we were to start a relationship, I can't imagine him cheating on me.

The affection accumulated in the next year and a half might be enormous. If that affection is then abandoned miserably, I might turn out far worse than Abella.

It's not just unrequited love. It's not a relationship.

To assume that he might like me from the way he talks to me, then to know that one day, he might discard me because he'll like another woman...