Chapter 57

"Polaris."

"Huh?"

Somehow I feel strange that it's the same word in Korean.

The North Star is the North Star!

Well, it's probably too much for the author to create everything up to that point.

It's still amazing though.

I'm glad to hear that.

Honestly, most of the other things I know are here.

Milk is the same, and everyday things are the same.

I laugh and bite my lower lip.

"I heard that you like stars, but you didn't even know the North Star."

Looking at me with his arms folded, he says.

"Yes."

Of course, Polaris is the most basic for a star-lover.

Like a lighthouse, it's a star that shines the brightest in the sky.

However, I can't know what Abella doesn't know.

"I like the stars in the sky, but I can't know all of their names in detail."

I then look around and press my hand on my beating chest.

Are there constellations beside Polaris, such as Southern Cross, Orion, Shepherds, Gemini?

Will they be called by a familiar name I know?

I'm curious.

What about the stories related to the constellation?

Is it similar to what I know in Korea, or is it portrayed with a slightly different imagination?

Somehow, I become even more curious about other stories related to the same constellations.

Is the information at the Lapel Castle Library?

I have to go tomorrow.

It'll be my first time seeing the library, but I'm excited that I'll be able to get a glimpse of this world anyway.

Even though this world is unfamiliar and profound, I feel a little bit closer to it through my time here.

And to Charles who let me know...

I don't hate it.

At least today, I look up at him with a smile, thinking that I should be nicer to him for today.

"Polaris... The name is very cool, right?"

"Is it?"

"I'm going to be honest. It sounds like a giant polar bear."

"......"

"Can you see it now?"

"Uh."

"Really?"

I wonder why I couldn't find it, so I shake my head and look up.

Even in the clear sky without a single cloud, I can't find the North Star.

Is it really your favorite thing?

The moment comes.

As Charles has said, he just likes it, but I haven't been able to find it properly.

Where is it?

Let's keep moving like I might just find it.

"!!"

He quickly narrows the distance that I set.

"There."

He stands right behind me and turns my head toward the direction that he's pointing at. Our position is similar to someone giving a back hug, with me standing in between his arms.

It can be seen as a romantic gesture, much smoother than an actual hug itself. Regardless, my heart can't stop pounding.

Ah, I'm going crazy.

Let's not use sweet words, which might make the heartbeat even more intense than the last few days, since I've asked you to be careful.

"Did you not see it?"

"......."

"There."

Because he couldn't turn his face without hitting mine, he brings a hand to my cheek to direct it toward where he wants it to go and inches his face closer to my ear.

"... "

And—I couldn't breathe.

Excuse me.

It's difficult if you come in closer like this.

Of course, I know why he's doing this.

It must have been frustrating because I couldn't find it. Therefore, it's out of the goodness of his heart to help me find it.

I know that.

I think I'm going to lose my mind from his good heart.

My beating heart that's buzzing with enthusiasm is a little strange, but honestly, I couldn't see anything.

His word, "There," also blends in with the noise.

It's a situation where sight and hearing are paralyzed among the five senses. The only thing that's clear is the sense of touch.

To be precise, the cheeks that he wraps his hand around and the sound of fluttering on the side of my temple... Should I shake it off?

But I can't.

It isn't because he was putting his cheeks too close, but because my whole body has stiffened, and there's no strength left to resist him.

Instead, with eyes wide open—

"There."

Taking his hand off my left cheek, Charles points my finger at the star and turns his head slightly.

"There it is."

At his kind voice, my head strangely turns toward him rather than the place that he points to.

"......"

"......"

Momentary silence.

The only thing I feel in this situation where the whole world seems to have stopped is the sound of my heart and the heat that spreads throughout my body.

You must be crazy!

I then push Charles' chest away and remove myself because of my chest going thump thump.

"Careful."

My struggles have become useless as his hands wrap around my waist.

"......"

I'm so close to him that it's useless to try and escape.

Not only is our chest touching, but we're close enough that he could do more than just hug. If I just reach out, I can also kiss him.

Seriously, the distance between the two of us has gotten too close.

"Your Grace?"

I call out to him, barely holding onto my heart as I try to take a breath.

"Uh."

"How long do you intend to hold me?"

Looking down at me, he swallows a small breath before he straightens himself.

Nothing changes in our stance as his hands are still on my waist, but my gaze does come down from his lips to his chest.

"Your Grace?"

I look up at him, and only then does he let go. It's clumsy movement with his hands as I can feel them wandering around my waist.

"Thank you."

I slip out of his grasp.

Of course, there's nothing to thank. I just feel like I should say something to break up the awkward atmosphere.

"Uh."

He nods as if it's a natural thing for me to say.

Somehow, underneath the moonlight, his ears look flushed.

Surely...

I shake my head and look away.

That Charles Diago?

Nonsense.

This spot is just terrible.

Yes, that's what it is.

This spot makes things weird.

How should I explain this—If I stay in this space any longer, I'm sure that if Charles tells me he loves me, I'd say the same. Then, I may kiss or hug him like I would to one of those posters on my wall right before bed.

"......"

I have to hurry back.

If I stay any longer, it might become problematic since my imagination has started disturbing my mind with loud sirens already.

"Shall we go back?"

I look up at him.

"It's late already."

I can't wait to get back so I nod profusely.

"Yes."

He stands in front, with his back to me like he's a tour guide. He then glances back at me as he walks slowly.

His back makes my heart flutter.

The spot is bad.

I'd really fall in love with him if I stay any longer.

Let's walk faster.

"Your imagination."

"........"

"I want to hear your imaginary story if I have a chance later."

Walking slowly, he turns his upper body slightly back and says, staring at me.

"......."

It's somewhat unrealistic that as he stands in the moonlight, he's the only one illuminated in the darkness.

Maybe this is the extension of this strange spot.

The way his white shirt shines and his beautiful appearance that matches it completely.

As I exhale a long breath and wonder if I could live with a person like this without leaving my heart behind, he grins and reaches out to me.

"Come on."

In that moment—

What is going on in front of me now?

Is this heart beating right now mine or Abella's?

Without a chance to worry–

"It's late into the night."

He grabs my hand and gently pulls me along, casually speaking and doing things that make my heart beat.

"It's dark, and the road isn't good, so hold on to me."

"......."

Somehow, my ears are warmer than my pounding heart.

The good news is that the place we're in is pitch black without a single light.

Otherwise, he would have noticed my facial expressions and gestures that would react to his actions without any resistance.

My beating heart, red cheeks, reminiscent of his eyes, and my eyes on him....

I don't have confidence that I'm in control of anything anymore.

.

.

.

.

T/N: we got fluff ya'll and it's only a forever and a day... I'm so happy we made it here... to this point... and all they've done so far is a cheek kiss.... and I'm this happy... Imagine one day them doing something more....

 Imagine one day them doing something more