Chapter 119

The temple is as expected.

From old monks to young ones, they all seemed to have no interest in continuing their Buddhist chants, and all their attention seems to be focused on us.

As soon as—

"I was waiting to pray for a blessing in conception for the two of you."

The prayers for a successor for the Duke Diago and a donation in return for the prayers.

As expected, money is the best.

In particular, the Great Temple of Lapel is famous for being one of the richest temples in the empire because of rumors that nobles who wished for fertility can come here for a visit and will end up conceiving afterward.

Of course, I don't believe the rumors.

Strangely enough, rumors of pregnancy were frequently mentioned in the novel after receiving prayers or making offerings from the priests of the Great Temple of Lapel.

Even in the novel, Abigail, who became empress, was troubled because she could not conceive. The reason why she came to Lapel at the advice of a handmaiden was because of the prayer of conception from Lapel's Great Temple.

Believe it or not.

In any case, such testimonies appear in every direction. The visits of believers and nobles who wanted to catch an ounce of luck have not cease.

From the point of view of modern people, this is a marketing strategy by the Great Temple.

To be honest, who knows if there is any benefit.

If you pray and get pregnant, God has blessed you. If you don't get pregnant, it's because you lack sincerity or faith as a believer.

But, what can I really say to them?

They want to be voluntarily dupe.

I won't be a customer of theirs.

"Thank you."

Of course, I'm grateful, but I'm not a customer so I won't donate. I then open my eyes wide to express my intention.

However-

One question arises.

Didn't Abigail come to Lapel for the blessing of conception and accidentally get a magic stone or something?

Those magic stones that were said to be buried in the sea off Lapel's coast.

Hortman trembled every time he used one, saying, 'Do you know how much money you spend on setting the milk temperature?

I heard that back then that the reserves were really huge.

It was said that by selling only a portion of the buried magic stones, I could feed dozens of estates like Lapel.

After that, Abigail established herself as an empress and had a very close relationship with the group of wizards.

It was said that the high level wizards of the tower, who could even be called Abigail's bodyguards, acted as a footstool for her.

I do not know how many magic stones there were.

Anyway, it was enough to break the power of those wizards.

Therefore, the more curious question is, did Charles really not know?

It was literally off the coast of Lapel that Charles saw every day. Wouldn't he be considered a bit incompetent if he really didn't know that there were a lot of precious magic stones buried in the sea off the coast that the wicking ships protected every day?

That thought crossed my mind.

"..."

On the other hand, I also thought that there was no need for the Duke Diago to find the magic stones.

He can pay for it with money.

Since he was Charles Diago, why would he do such a troublesome thing?

Originally, inventions and discoveries were the mother of supply and demand.

For Duke Diago, there was no need so there was no reason to invent, and there was no shortage—

He wasn't desperate.

If Charles had known, it would have been difficult to label it as an 'accidental discovery' in the novel.

No matter how much Abigail is said to be the female protagonist, isn't that really a scam?

Then, can't I take some of the stuff that's buried offshore and use it?

I know where they are.

I know how to find it.

Of course, a wizard is needed, but the process of finding the magic stones is much simpler than expected.

Then, I need to hire a wizard.

The wizards I know are Red Haired Ronnie, Mustache, Beard, and—Hortman.

But, I don't trust Hortman.

Then, a light bulb goes off in my head.

Isn't he a man who would sell off the tower for money?

"Hmm."

I then ask myself whether or not it's a good idea.

"Ah, if I made a mistake..."

The priest, who looks as chubby as Tutu, a character from a cartoon movie, takes a step back.

Seeing that he is wearing a purple robe, he seems to be a fairly high-ranking person.

After buffering for a while, he nods his head as he grasps the situation.

"Oh, a prayer."

"Yes, Your Grace."

Tutu, or the priest, nods emphatically.

I calmly return to reality, staring at his face that has a very considerate expression.

"After your wedding, we prayed for you day and night. It was so heartbreaking that we didn't hear any blessings for the year. It seems like all of this is our fault."

The Lapel's temple that makes a living off others but doesn't hear from the duke and duchess for more than a year—

How worried you must have been, thinking that your livelihood might have been cut off.

I understand.

As a person who worked in marketing, if I had already spread rumors but yielded no desire effects afterward, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night either.

"I see."

As I nod sympathetically, Tutu steps forward as if he has finally met the right person.

"I, Cardinal Dolan of the Great Temple of Lapel, will take responsibility and bless you."

Hmm, if you're a cardinal...

You might want to think about that blessing again.

The cardinal himself will give the blessing of conception, but if I can't conceive—

The way to make a living is not going to happen anytime soon.

In front of him, I can't bluntly say, 'You have to look at the sky to pick the stars.' Therefore, I just smile awkwardly and look up at Charles.

"......"

Charles, too, is staring at the cardinal with a stiff expression.

As if he hadn't expected the situation to turn out like this, he lets out a short sigh at the cardinal's embarrassed expression, and takes a step back as if he's rejecting the blessing.

"However—

Thinking that I could just say, 'I'll come back with an offering later,' I drag out the end of my words as if to grab the cardinal's attention.

"I'm not ready to receive the cardinal's blessing today—"

"It's done."

But that didn't work as he buried Charles's words with a reply.

I look up at Charles, panicking.

What?

I stare blankly at Charles, wondering what just happened, but his attention is on the cardinal.

"The blessing of conception."

"......"

"I'm ready to receive it."

Charles tenderly wraps his arms around my waist and looks down at me.

Then—

"Oh, but did you say that if I receive the blessing of conception, she can conceive within 3 months?"

What?

"......"

What are you saying?

"If the union between two of you is done properly, God's blessings will envelop you in a splendid way."

He spits out words that sound like a thunderbolt.

"!"