Chapter 54

"That's amazing!"

While taking care of this and that, she hears a man's voice, along with a loud applause. She turns her upper body slightly.

"Green Wing Hortman."

She sees a lowered head with green hair and a slightly flew back robe.

"Alas."

You're one of the wizards.

She wonders if she could take a sneak peek at his gorgeous appearance, which is more than she expected.

"This seems like a huge business initiative."

He gets to the point without exchanging any greeting.

"Is that so?"

"Yes, how did you think about sterilizing and distributing milk? It's really amazing. Hahaha!"

Hortman's admiration is different than Red-haired Ronnie because it's difficult to determine its authenticity.

What is this?

Something in his eyes and the slight narrow of the brows contradict his words.

I thought that he would be a little old because he's a wizard master, but he looks much younger than I thought.

He wears a green robe that looks very luxurious at first glance, matching with his green hair, but even if he's covered with high-quality golden embroidery—

It's so obvious, and on top of that...There.

The emerald ring on his right hand.

That's emerald, right?

It's roughly green, so let's called it so.

He's an impressive man giving off an elegant impression as a whole, even with the emerald ring on his middle finger.

It doesn't mean that he's materialistic, but everything he wears on his body is very grand and indulgent.

She's heard that the sorcerers get a lot of money every time they go on business trips.

Therefore, this kind of style might be common at their level.

If I was them, I would break my nose and work hard to maintain that lifestyle.

That level of luxury is fine since it can give motivation for work.

It doesn't suit you.

"Thank you, Wizard—?"

"I am a body that has received the title of a knight."

"Ah."

"So please call me Lord rather than Wizard, Your Grace."

As he says so, his forced expression distorts unnaturally.

"......."

Obviously, his tone is neutral but the message behind it is conveyed clearly.

I'll call you whatever you want, sir yet I'm reluctant for some reason.

Naturally, they will have to work together so she'll just bear with it.

"Sure."

Since she needs his assistance, she'll accept his request.

"By the way, I was surprised. How did you come up with this idea? You're really bold."

Whether he likes to clap or not, he does so again with big hearty laughs.

"Yes, you are."

He stares at her and says.

"Not only are you using expensive wizards and magic stones that are difficult for nobles to afford, and expensive glass that is barely used in the tableware of nobles, you are doing a business that seems to have no value?"

"......."

"Is it true success to overcome the negative gaze of the public and succeed in something that others would not do in the first place? Ahahaha?"

He laughs with his head down.

Ah—So this is what really feeds you.

Our redhead Ronnie was just the beginning taste.

This is the spicy flavor.

"Is this philanthropy run by the duchess?"

"........"

"Do you know the plight of sorcerers?"

"Well..."

I could see for sure from the words that followed. This one hates me.

It is very natural and indirect way to say that he doesn't like it.

Haiz!

"It's charity work for our people."

"Aha!"

Hortman strikes my palm with his fist as if he's doing a chuimsae.

(Note: Chuimsae is a form of exclamation during Korean traditional music, i.e. shouting Yippee! or Good!)

"Why is that? I'm curious!"

His eyes squint, asking for her to tell him.

Only then does she understand the intention of his loud voice, laughter, and the clapping his hands.
He means to show what the people gathered in the ranch what she, the duchess, is talking about

Is he out to get me?

She heard that wizards are nosy and have bad personalities.

I was mistaken for a moment because of Ronnie.

He said that I was favored by the wizards.

"Hmm..."

"Don't tell me you don't have any idea?"

It's as if the boss of the company is asking, 'What is the reason for making a prototype like this?!'

"Well..."

Memories of the past come up, and her defensiveness rises.

The incident happened because the boss was arguing with her over what she was doing. Now, Hortman's face was imposed onto the boss' even though they look nothing alike.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have—"

"No, Wizard."

She calls him by the name he requested her not to.

"......"

She could see Hortman's eyes, which were smiling a while ago, change slightly. She, too, is in the same position as Charles.

"It's just that I'm a little shy."

"What are you talking about?"

At Hortman's question, she feels the eyes of the ranchers and Lapel workers on her.

Since she has said that it's for the young people's sake, their curiosity must have increased a bit.
It's burdensome.

It's more burdensome than when she presented a prototype in front of numerous employees.

She has already made the presentation in front of Charles.

Charles said okay, but...

In front of these people, she wants to—

"Awhile ago, I had a hip injury."

"...What?"

With an absurd expression, he blinks like he's asking why she's telling a story about her hip injury while his expression tells her that he just wants a quick recap.

Wait and see because my lengthy storytelling has just begun.

.

.

Hortman seems to be overwhelmed by her lengthy storytelling, starting with an injured buttock, leading to frequent fractures of the people working in the logging fields and the strong bones of the ranchers.

That's because she didn't end the story with a few simple words.

I like to add an explanation to make it a little more compelling—Did we start talking when the sun was up and finish when moon came out?

It is not a moon mixed with red and purple that floats dimly in the sky, but a bright and thick moon that floats in the dark sky.

Even most of the people who gathered to hear her story have scattered to their respective duties. The maids closed to her have returned to the castle for work.

In addition, Red-haired Ronnie, White Beard and Mustache have long left work. Only Hortman's being held back by her, standing in middle of the ranch.

While she's talking, his legs probably have gotten hurt because he's been standing the whole time like he's receiving punishment.

Maybe that's why—

His chin, which has been arrogant from the beginning, humbly descends by the time of sunset, and his gaze, which was strangely hostile, has calmed down.

Slowly, let's stop.

"Oh, the moon has risen."

Now turn your head as if you didn't know the passage of time—

"Yes."

Hortman, who seems to have no energy to respond because of his weakened state, touches his chin to his neck before stretching it out.

"I didn't know that time has passed by that much. I enjoyed having the conversation with Wizard."

She laughs, curving the corners of her lips as wide as she could.

"Is that so?"

He looks at her with contempt like he's fed up.

His reaction strangely makes her a feel a bit bad for him so she decides to let it go.

"Now then, have all of your curiosities been answered?"

"Yes, I understand everything well."

"Really?"

"Yes, I have misunderstood the duchess' good intentions, your good heart, your love for the young people, and so on."

She looks at Hortman's green head as he bows, saying that he quickly understood, said that he knew well her intention and that he was afraid of her starting the explanation again,

"If you have any other questions, please come to me anytime, Wizard."

She lightly chuckles.

Hortman shakes his head violently, raising his hands as if it's never going to happen.

"No, this informative conversation today solved all the questions that I had in my head."

"If so, that's fortunate."

"Then please, may I please go?"

With a sincere, eager voice, he bows again.

"......."

Where Hortman has stood, only the fumes and grass are left in place.

I guess you really wanted to run away.

Really, seeing the traces of him disappearing, she also bends her knees that creaked after a few hours standing,

"Ah ah."

There's a sound of pain.

.

.

.

.

T/N: And that's how you punish wizards kids, you talk their ears off. Lol. I was planning to update more chapters but I didn't have enough time. I'll try to update more but since I'll be getting my 2nd covid vaccine, who really knows what will happen.

Thanks for reading~