Chapter 126

"I'm deeply ashamed."

I cover my mouth with my hand as I look at Ledin's messed up face, who's kneeling on one knee.

A long scar runs from his left temple to the tip of his chin, as if he had been struck by Cadensha's claw.

His face distorts, as if in pain while kneeling.

His description in the novel—

[It was so miserable that he could not even open his eyes to see.]

It's not a good enough explanation with just that one short line.

Looking at Ledin like now, for a moment, I feel fear running through my body.

After hearing that Charles is isolated.

Yes, it wasn't that I didn't care, but it's because of the 'he's not dead now, so it's okay'. Therefore, I closed my eyes tightly with complacency.

I never thought that I would suffer the pain even if he wasn't dying.

I keep my eyes tightly shut because I think I'm going to cry.

"....Get up."

When Ledin could barely lift his head while biting his teeth, Edgar goes and stands next to him, offering support to limping and struggling Ledin.

I take a deep breath, watching Ledin leaning on Edgar as he tells everyone to get out of their way.

I don't know if it's because it's midnight or not, but the town in Condel look worse.

The houses are all destroyed, and their shape cannot be recognized. The sound of sickness can be heard from all corners of the guards' barracks.

I close my eyes to such a horribly messed up situation—

"Still, thanks to Your Grace, most of the villagers have been saved."

Ledin limps, stepping forward.

"If we hadn't created an evacuation area in the village, most people would have lost their lives."

"......"

The villagers were saved, but Charles has not been saved from suffering.

The words fill my throat, but I can't get it out of my mouth so I bite down on my lip.

Ledin calls me, shaking his head as if reassuringly after seeing my distorted expression that is neither smiling nor crying.

"Your Grace, he will be fine."

"......"

"Don't worry."

I turned my head thinking that my face is such a mess up that a person who had been hurt so badly is even concerned.

"Do you remember where you lost contact with His Grace?"

"We were ambushed from the southwest side of the first peak at Condel mountains. So, we are searching around that area."

That's why it took so long to search in the novel.

If the search had continued from the southwest, it would have taken some time to get to the north.

"Then, what about the north?"

"We have not yet—"

"Then, let the Third Guard search the north."

"But Your Grace, the place where we were attacked is southwest. It is better to focus our forces there."

Karim shakes his head, showing an overtly uncomfortable look.

Divorce ManualOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara