Chapter 108

Ha, have you seen such crazy people?

"Come again?"

"His Excellency is abusing his wife, you—"

"What?"

"Otherwise, he said there is no reason why you wouldn't meet them."

"...Ha!"

Hahahaha! What kind of crazy party is this?

(T/N: party in this case means people, and not an actual party, you know like the guilty party...I'm sure you know but my ass sat here and confused for a solid minute so I figure someone else might be like me and want this dumbass note too)

I can't help but burst out laughing.

"There's no reason not to meet..."

That's not it.

They must have already known.

The fact that I am not being abused by Charles.

However, they seem to have come up with an idea that will tarnish Charles's reputation with the sole intention of approaching me.

That's more likely.

A vicious technique of dragging Charles into the mud if I don't meet them.

A threat mixes with coercion, as if saying, 'Is it okay for your husband's reputation to be destroyed to the ground because of you?'

'We don't care if you get kicked out of the Duke of Diago because of this.'

'You can't eat if we can't eat.'

Such mean spirited individuals.

I shake my head at their obvious schemes that they thought were great.

It's amazing.

I wonder if they can be called parents.

That's right. They're not my biological parents.

Well, Baron Farhan is Abella's biological father, but he never took good care of his disgraced daughter.

I don't know why he's doing this to Abella.

From the baron's point of view, how good a stress reliever Abella must have been.

Considering the traces of pain left in Abella's memory, I have no desire to face them.

"So what?"

"He said that if His Excellency prevents you from seeing him today, he will run to the imperial palace right away and ask for his poor and pitiful daughter to be rescued from His Excellency's hands."

At the expression 'poor and pitiful daughter' that comes out of Pope's mouth, who is blunt and tells only the truth, the corners of my mouth twists into a smirk.

How can people be like this?

Just thinking about it gives me a sigh and shakes my head.

"Who is here today?"

"The baron, the baroness, and their son have come."

"Hmm."

Including their son.

Deep in thought, I tap the table top with my index finger.

How can I most effectively feed these shameless humans?

The promiscuous rumors circulating in the social circles alone have already lowered their status to some extent, but—

To the extent that they can't even dream of a comeback.

I want to step on them carefully.

If I want to break the tie, the time for that is right now.

"Pope, where are they now?"

"They are in a confrontation with the knights in front of the mansion."

"They're going to make a scene if they keep going so let them come inside."

"Where do you want me to take them?"

Her inner voice, which seems to be saying 'Not to the duchess's salon, right?', is very loud.

"The mirror room on the first floor is too much for them-"

"Right."

When Pope nods in agreement, Leo also shakes his little head up and down relentlessly.

I smile at his cute face and then wrinkle my forehead slightly.

'Sorry, I thought of a bad idea.'

He must have heard about fifty thousand bad emotions that are going back and forth in my head right now.

At my apology, Leo shakes his head slightly.

"They are bad people."

I smile, staring down at Leo, whose expression shows that he doesn't know what I'm saying, and brushes his hair away.

"The garden in the back is very warm and nice, Your Grace."

Pope grins as she describes the warm sunlight in the garden.

It's a smile whose meaning is very clear.

I really like the intention behind her words.

"The garden... Yes, it's so beautiful and worth seeing, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is very warm and beautiful."

"Oh, by the way, Your Grace. It's not warm but really hot there."

Leo alternately looks at us as Pope and I nod at each other.

Once we exchange evil glances, we take our leave without Leo.

"Then, take them there."

"Yes."

"Oh, and is Sir Halian in the mansion?"

"Yes, he is."

"Then, can you ask Sir Halian to give me details on the baron's finances or any property he's planning to get?"

The most effective way to kill those who were in desperate need of money is to attack them using it as a weapon.

.

.

"Oh, it's hot!"

Baroness Lily Farhan, who is fanning her nervously, frowns.

To be honest, the feather fan she is holding is not meant to be cooling.

If she doesn't hold it in her hand and shakes it, there is no other way to stop her makeup from melting and soaking in sweat from her forehead.

"Did Bella really tell us to wait here?"

"Yes, Madam."

"Ha! Really?"

The baroness, who's showing a displeased expression with her fan as if she is going to die of bad mood, picks up a tea cup in front of her.

It's well-brewed tea with pungent tea leaves, a commodity that the baron cannot even dare to drink.

Lily takes a sip of the drink, which tastes like it could be sugar water or tea, and glances at Pope.

She's very dissatisfied with Pope because she's hard to read and looks as if she can't be swayed.

I liked Catherine.

Because she was moderately greedy, it was easy to get a foot in if her pockets got filled.

Instead, what is this boiled pumpkin who has no teeth doing? Is she monitoring or serving?

"Oh, it's hot."

She picks up the fan that had been thrown on the floor, feeling like her mood going up and down by the second.

"Aren't you hot?"

"It's hot, so why wouldn't I be hot?"

Phillip Farhan, who's wiping the sweat from his forehead with a handkerchief, smiles and looks at Lily.

"Cadrick, bring me some ice—"

"It's done."

Cadrick Farhan, called Hon Farhan, shakes his head briefly and glances up at the mansion.

"When the hell is she coming?"

Lily glances at Pope, who then turns her head away.

"She just said she would come down soon."

"When is 'soon'?"

"How can someone like me know my master's will?"

"Then, bring someone you know! You said you were her maid!"

"..."

Pope shuts her mouth at Lily's nonsense of slamming the table recklessly.

"Don't be too annoyed. When you meet each other—"

Looking at Pope first, he then glances towards the door and shakes his head.

However, despite Philip's rebuke, her anger intensifies.

No, rather, she feels that Philip's words only fueled her anger.

"What if we meet?! His Majesty the Duke is my son-in-law! Treating his mother-in-law like this is absurd! Isn't it?"

"It is."

Philip looks away, as if he's avoiding Lily's gaze, picks up a teacup, and wets his dry lips.

"It really doesn't make sense. What a kind child she was, and how well she honored her parents."

"Hmmm."

Pope lightly coughs in vain at her words, who's voice gets louder as if she's trying to let others hear.

"You."

Lily's face is distorted as she stares coldly at Pope.

"Are you ignoring us now?"

"That is impossible."

"How dare you cough in front of your master's parents?"

"I'm sorry."

"Are you sorry?"

Standing up, Lily raises her arms as if she's saying Pope has been caught.

"Didn't your master teach you that the word 'sorry' is not just a word?"

"......"

With hands on her waist, Lily takes a step forward as she's about to do something.

"Honey."

"Mother."

The Farhan men call her, as if to discourage her action.

Unable to hear anything because she's already very angry at the situation, Lily seems to want to release this rising anger on Pope—

"If you want to sincerely apologize, get down on your knees and beg."

She then raises her chin.

At Lily's overbearing words, as if trying to show her arrogance, Pope immediately falls to her knees.

"I'm sorry."

Lily's eyes flutter as if they're on fire. She bites her lips at Pope's calmness, as if this is nothing.

"Are you insulting me?"

"No, Madam."

"I can't feel your sincerity!"

Cadrick shakes his head at his mother's recklessness, while Phillip is restless, shaking his legs. He worries about what would happen if she makes a fuss here without a reason. So, he calls out to her in a mournful voice, but it doesn't seem to be heard by her overly excited ears.

"Do it again."

She doesn't care about what he says.

"I'm sorry, Madam."

After giving an apology, Pope bows her head again.

Her voice is dull, as if saying that she's apologizing because Lily wanted it. Of course, that is Pope's personality, but Lily, unaware of it, erupts in anger and rage.

"How can you ignore us when your master mistreats us like this?"

The moment Lily raises her hand,

"Do it."

Abella appears.

"Let's see what will happen."

With a harsh threat in her mouth.

.

.

.

.
T/N: Y'all, I can't believe this bish really try to raise her hands against Pope like... The balls she has. Thank God Abella appears at the right time because otherwise, I might just transmigrate. Also how cute is Abella/Pope team up? I love them~~~