Chapter 81

...

But, what is that?

As I takes Leo's hand and approach the ranch, I see eleven ranchers lined up like they're in the army.

It's as if they are standing there like soldiers because they're waiting for Charles and me to come.

"Leo—?"

"That's right. They're waiting for His Excellency and you."

They have never been met me like this when I usually visit.

I then sneak a peek at Leo since I don't think this greeting is for me.

"Ah."

Leo scratches his head and hesitates.

"Your Grace."

He addresses me and covers his mouth with his hand.

"That's right."

Then, he looks over at the people of the ranch, especially at Paul, who is noticeably gulping.

"Uncle Paul said that he was waiting for Your Grace and His Excellency. Actually, I was waiting for you, Your Excellency."

"Hmm."

"But, I was nervous."

"Why?"

"This is your first time coming to the ranch."

Is that so?

"Yes. He said that he has never been here, even when he was young. Not even once!"

It's not even that far away. How can you never come to see it? I want to tilt my head and ask.

I can't do that.

It makes sense when I think about it.

Most of his childhood was spent in the capital, and when he was of a certain age, he had to lead the knights into the battlefield.

In addition, the sudden death of the previous duke.

Instantaneously, he became an heir, then a housekeeper, and finally a duke.

He didn't have any space left to care about the ranch.

Honestly, the ranch is just a place in the castle until I began poking around.

Was there even anything wrong with it until I came and used it for milk pasteurization?

In the very early days of the Lapel, unlike other estates in the empire, there were not many pastures, so it was said that a lot of effort was spent raising cows and livestock.

In particular, in the case of cows and sheep, the lords paid particular attention to the stable supply of cheese and wool.

But now, there's no need for the lords to look into it.

Because they probably think, 'If you just leave alone, things will still be produced.'

That's mostly true.

When I first came to the ranch, the barn was a mess.

Just as there is a difference between a business that the boss is interested in and the business that he is not.

Because it's not something he places in his eyes, it becomes a place that had never been touched, and a place where maids and servants are punished and chased to.

That's why—

It makes sense why the ranchers line up and are tensed about his visit.

Right.

It's just doesn't feel real when I'm next to him, who happens to be not only my husband but, a part of the few dukes in this empire.

To commoners who rarely see the nobles, the duke is like a star in the sky.

(T/N: I feel like this is your love goggles speaking—like, he's a duke, not a god, girl)

"That's why since Your Excellency is coming today—"

"Did I tell you?"

"Yes!"

I'm scared to think about how he knows.

"I heard Your Grace thinking from the bottom of the stairs—"

"Yes."

I stop Leo in a hurry, hoping he knows what I'm worrying about.

"But Leo."

"Yes."

"You can't tell people how you've heard from."

I squat down in front of him, practically begging. "I, and those who love Leo, until Leo can protect himself—"

'I hope others don't know your abilities.'

"Why? I can help people with it."

'Like that time when you came to my aid?'

"Yes."

Leo nods with a blink.

"Elli Mami tells me not to do it. Your Grace also tells me not to do it."

"Yes."

"Leo wants to help people."

Leo, wriggling his hands together, glances up and locks eyes with me.

Those big, innocent eyes.

"Our Leo is nice."

I pat the child's head.

"But, people aren't as nice as our Leo."

"Aren't you nice?"

"Yes."

I feel disappointed. The expression of a child who has not yet seen the bitter, sweet, and salty taste of the world—

"Our Leo's ability is very, very precious like a jewel that there may be people who wants to take it away. Some people will use it to do bad things."

"..."

"But, I want our Leo to use the gem as well it is now."

"Can I do it once I grow up?"

"Yes."

Leo blinks.

"Not now?"

"It's not impossible, but..."

"Then why?"

I try to choose my words carefully so that I can effectively explain to him. However, no matter how hard I think about it, I have no parenting knowledge. I then bite my lips, troubled.

"Because other people can use it badly if they know it?"

After reading my mind, it seems that he has understood it himself.

"Then, both Your Grace and Elli Mami will be sad."

He explains his own reason as to why he shouldn't.

You're better than me.

"Our Leo is so smart."

"From now on, I will not answer as I did in front of His Excellency."

I smile, stroking Leo's head, who's becoming much smarter than me.

"I like Elli Mami..."

"Hmm?"

"But, I like you more."

"What?"

Leo turns his head around as if he's checking to see whether or not Ergel is there.

"Your Grace is much prettier."

He laughs beautifully; the tips of his ears turn red.

I'm happy to hear such compliments coming from someone who's a prettier baby than I was.

I should say that he'll be even prettier when he grows up.

But if Leo becomes an adult...

Since you're much prettier than me, you'll become very handsome.

"Leo, let's grow up quickly."

I stop myself from drooling and look at the child with determination.

"I will try my best!"

After grasping both of his hands to give him strength, his ears pop back up again on the top of his head.

"That's all I can do! I will grow big soon!"

Leo puffs up his chest and strikes it with his fist.

"Cute."

His bravado is so lovely that I have to make sure that he stays a baby! I then hug him.

"No. Don't grow up, Leo. Let's stay like this."

I don't need to live with handsome men.

Being cute is the best.

.

.

At that time, there are three pairs of eyes staring at Abella holding Leo.

The first is definitely—

"He's a Su-in child."

Green Cloak Hortman.

Second is Ledin.

The third is—

"..."

Charles Diago, as expected.

The moment Abella hugs Leo, she makes his ears pop up, and his face turns red.

(C) I want to know what that's like for an 8-year-old, but for the Su-in people, unlike their appearance, 8 years are considered to be between 14 and 16 years old in terms of human years.

In addition, if third sexual stage, called the completion period, occurs quickly, then regardless of the age—

He'll be an adult.

A very big adult.

"But, Your Excellency..."

"..."

"The appearance of the Su-in people is very unusual."

Hortman stands close to Charles and folds his arms.

"Did you say he's a silver wolf?"

"..."

"I've seen a lot of Su-in people. Basically, all the silver wolves are handsome and pretty."

Hortman looks up at Charles, nodding his head affirmatively.

"If he finishes the 3rd sexual stage, he'll will be a very handsome man. Besides, the silver wolves are big—"

Hortman then stares at Leo and Abella.

"It's amazing. If he has an attached relationship like that from childhood..."

"..."

"As you know, the moment when you feel love for a familiar being is when your feelings for the other person change."

Hortman then says, "By the way," before looking up at Charles.

"I know I'm giving you a lot of dating advice, but one of the moments where quite a lot of women fall in love with men is—"

With the tip of his chin, he points toward Abella and Leo.

"That's the situation. The moment a young man grows up and approaches the woman as a man."

"No way."

Before he can say something else, Ledin raises his voice and interrupts.

"Do you want to make a bet on whether it will come true or not?"

Turning to Ledin, Hortman quickly assesses the situation and links it to money.

"Fine."

"For your information, I never bet money on a losing bet."

"It's the same for me."

Ledin lifts his head and hits his chest with a fist.

"What about Your Excellency?"

Looking at Charles, Hortman hopes to raise the stakes.

"I'll do it, too."

"Good."

"Then, I will give a vote that Her Grace doesn't feel love for that beast.'"

"Sir Ledin."

"She would never."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Ledin, who isn't falling under the pressure of Hortman's glance, confirms with a nod.

To his words—

"Everyone in the castle must have a lot of money. Then, Your Excellency..."

"I, too, will bet in the same direction as Ledin."

"Are you confident?"

Hortman turns to Abella and then looks back at Charles.

"Do you want to choose again?"

Charles also looks at Abella and twists the corners of his mouth.

"She's my woman."

.

.

.

.

T/N: That last line got me like whoa...so this himbo will just say that out loud for everyone but not in front of Abella...

P.S. Thanks to everyone who filled out the form. I will start send out invitations tomorrow or so. Currently, there's a new DMCA hunt going around. Please do not be one of those little shits and share novel links / manhwa links to get everyone in trouble.