Chapter 33

What woman wouldn't be shaken in front of a man who says sweet things with a perfect face like his?

'The only woman who can stand by me is Abella Diago, and only you.'

'Why don't you think that girl will be you?'

These are lines that only main characters in a drama would say, and unless he learned it from somewhere else, he's a natural heartbreaker.

I will fall in love if I'm not careful.

Because no matter how much I want him, he couldn't love me.

I know better than anyone else that it's all just an act.

Yes, it's just a novel, a melodrama. It's not reality, so don't be fooled by that smokescreen.

Rather than spending time thinking about him, who will later become someone else's, there are things that I need to focus on, such as how survive for the next year and a half, and how to survive after that as well.

There's even something about Evangeline, Catherine and also Libby.

What's going on with her?

I will need to check on the progress with Ergel tomorrow.

Right, I also haven't seen Leo since that day so I should pay him a visit tomorrow.

There's no room to think about Charles since there are other things that should take up my time.

Yes, I just need to think about my work, not Charles.

This is good.

I turn sideway and exhale deeply as if to shake off the emotions that filled my head—Has the bed always been this big? Even if I lie down and roll around, there's still space.

I laugh at my words from earlier that the bed was small, and remember how he thought my words were absurd.

"Right, it's quite wide."

Even though I made a full and a half turn, I only reach half of the space where he laid.

It seems that I don't have to sleep on the edge of the bed tonight.

That's what I had to do when he was here.

I didn't mean to act wary of him. it's just because I don't trust myself with him.

I was afraid that I might hold onto him if I stayed closer.

I know myself too well. I will get drunk on that feeling and I'll keep wanting to touch him.

Right, his body is probably soft and probably would be nice to touch.

That moment—'Why don't you think that girl will be you?'

For a brief second, I recall the moment when his cool cheeks came in close contact mine when he lifted me up.

Wow— That's right.

His touch was so cool and soft that I could barely speak.

He is a dangerous man.

I really shouldn't get close unless I'm willing to become stone and die by his side like Abella.

I wave my hand in the air as if wiping away his image in my mind.

"Aish—"

I definitely won't.

There's still something missing even though I have my favorite blanket. It's uncomfortably empty on my bed.

.