Chapter 18

"It's an honor for me. Please don't be too courteous with your words, your grace."

"..."

"Oh, it's Paul, your grace," he then says, hurriedly taking off his shabby hat. He lowers his head and covers himself with the hat.

I bite my lips.

Though status of those who come here doesn't matter, be it noble or otherwise, I feel a bit ashamed because of my attire, a shabby dress and expensive shoes that get stuck in the street every time I use them.

I wasn't thinking.

I was just heading to the ranch, thinking I should come before Catherine get the upper hand.

"It's all right, Paul."

I smile softly at his apology and look up. "I'm here because I want to take a look around. I'm also looking for someone so you don't have to worry about it too much—"

At that moment, I see the same child that I saw previously in the courtyard over Paul's shoulder. His frightened pale purple eyes shake nervously. The small child's whole body begins trembling, from his silvery hair all the way to his toes.

"I beg you for forgiveness, your grace," says Ergel, kneeling behind Paul.

"Ms. Ergel," says the little child, beginning to cry.

What's going on here?

The child holds onto Ergel's sleeve and cries as she's kneeling on a pile of mud full of cow dung. Paul has his head bent while the eyes of the workers fidget around. When my attention turns back to him, I couldn't figure out what was going on.

"Your grace!"

Libby then appears without a speck of mud on her and a bright smile.

"Stay where you are."

With a frown, I take one or two steps back with my hands up.

"Tell me from there. The perfume smells so strong that I feel like throwing up."

The mixture of perfume and dung smells like shit. I twist my body slightly, covering my nose.

Her excitement doesn't fade away nor does she notice my action. "You must have heard about my complain, right?"

Who was the one that committed the crime?

"What...?"

"Ergel broke the rules and took in a beast to raise!"

"Why a beast?"

"The problem is it's not just an animal, it is a beast, your grace."

Catherine says in noble voice, giving an explanation to Libby's words.

Soo-in?

I turn then my head toward Catherine.

"Yes, Soo-in."

I look at the child that Catherine's pointing at.

Things are getting out of hands.

Haha— I look at the child with a laugh. I really just wanted to make sure Libby's on the ranch.

Soo-in?

Wow.

This novel. There's so much to it.

There is no reason to believe that the author trying to weave all of the fantasy elements that he knows from the current screen into this novel, including magical ones.